Werewolf by Night - MCU Disney+

But:
If they all have the common goal of eliminating monsters, reducing their number in a to-the-death competition is really stupid.
I've only watched it once, but, I don't remember Verussa saying that they had to kill each other. The goal of the hunt was to kill the Monster and retrieve the Stone, it was not explicitly supposed to be a battle royal, last Hunter standing, kind of thing, but, these Hunters were supposed to be such unscrupulous characters that they were not above killing each other in order to win, even if they didn't have to.

I don't remember ManThing being able to understand what people are saying, much less respond back. I just remember him as a mindless beast in the comics I have from the 70s and 80s. I did like the "He who knows fears, burns at the touch of the ManThing."

Maybe I watched something else entirely because I grew up on classic horror movies, love them and know them extremely well...Universal, Hammer, etc. The B&W filming/cinematography, vibe, look and feel of this seemed like a cheap parody at best. Not trying to be argumentative just quite confused at the response.

I've only watched it once, but, I don't remember Verussa saying that they had to kill each other. The goal of the hunt was to kill the Monster and retrieve the Stone, it was not explicitly supposed to be a battle royal, last Hunter standing, kind of thing, but, these Hunters were supposed to be such unscrupulous characters that they were not above killing each other in order to win, even if they didn't have to.
True, but she said at the beginning something to the effect of "what few who might survive", so carnage was expected and even encouraged. It would've been just as easy to make killing against the rules.

being thats WBN is a special presentation, do you think theyll do a behind the scenes on it? Id love better shots of the bloodstone and more practial shots of Ted....

True, but she said at the beginning something to the effect of "what few who might survive", so carnage was expected and even encouraged. It would've been just as easy to make killing against the rules.
Well, they were hunting a deadly monster, it stands to reason that she might have simply expected some of them to be killed by the monster even if they were barred from killing each other.

Of course, all of these hunters were meant to be unlikeable people to increase the sympathy for Man-Thing and Jack and demonstrate that they were the actual protagonists of the piece. That's just story telling 101, telegraph how good your hero is by making the antagonists unscrupulous and under handed.

Yeah, I took it as her expecting the monster to take some of the hunters out, not for them to turn on each other, necessarily.

Fair. But then, she set up the "glue the McGuffin to the monster's back" scenario in the first place. She could've come up with something that didn't weaken the monster fighting community.

The actress who plays Elsa bears a strong resemblance to 1940-50's actress Ella Raines, married to Triple Ace Gen. Robin Olds USAF.
Liked the show with the B/W and then the homage to the Wizard of OZ and transition to color and song at the end.
I thought it was Ann Hathaway for a while..
Loved the wit the the 1940s style.
I think they missed a trick with not having the blood be a pop of red but on the whole it was cool and the scenes with Ted aka Manthing were both a treat and a blessing after that movie with him in was awful..
I seem to recall Steven Strange having crossover stories in the old comics or am I mixing my Swampys up ?

oh: and the butler (or whatever he was) had a very bizarre over-the-top performance. Those facial expressions when he's winding the coffin contraption: WTH was that?
It was a play on those 70s Agatha Christie type comedy movies packed with famous actors.. there was one with Peter Sellers and another Peter Ustinov i seem to remember ?
Sort of like a Murder she wrote farce but in the style of "And then there was none" as its now known these days..

Last edited:
I loved this. It really entertained me.

From what I know of the comics, Ulysses was immortal due to The Bloodstone, but it seems in this the stone simply gave him a very long life, instead of immortality. Looking at a few things online, that seems to be the consensus.

With that said, and Elsa now having the stone, she should also have a very long life…so I look forward to seeing her in the Blade movie. I feel like her character would fit really well with the lore and universe of The Daywalker.

I loved this. It really entertained me.

From what I know of the comics, Ulysses was immortal due to The Bloodstone, but it seems in this the stone simply gave him a very long life, instead of immortality. Looking at a few things online, that seems to be the consensus.

With that said, and Elsa now having the stone, she should also have a very long life…so I look forward to seeing her in the Blade movie. I feel like her character would fit really well with the lore and universe of The Daywalker.
That would be cool if it happens.. I guess it depends on what take they are going with the Re Vamped Ha! Franchise, the original certainly had its comedic moments..
That breaking the fourth wall smile to camera after a kill or the Fist pump Iconic! Shame its not Wesley the First True Marvel Hero.
I wonder who will take on Tracy Lords character, that opening scene is burned into my brain!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back