Announcement Welcome to the RPF's Forum Upgrade Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gender did not get carried over (Art will have to look into that).

As far as updating the Personal Details page, you need to make sure that the "First Name" is filled out. If it is blank, you will get an error as that is required information. The field is blank for members that joined prior to it becoming a required field and as such, you will not be able to update that page unless you fill in your first name.

Thanks, I did even know that I didn't have a first name listed but I guess I joined before that was needed.

there's an 'upload a file' button beneath the message box
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................V
Awesome, thank you!

First, a HUUUUUUUUUGE thanks to the mods who've put in a ton of work. I guess the idea of a darker background so that text/ etc pop a bit better is not doable? Also, still having to sign in each and every time I come on to the site. Cleared out the cookies/ etc., but I can be on the site twice in the same day, and still have to sign in.

Another significant move last night on the server side. Should see greater stability and even faster load times!

Hey Art, do you happen to know the answer to this. Posted before but no one has chimed in yet with the correct info.

It use to be when I clicked to show a list of all threads I created, the ones with new responses since the last time I was on would be bold. Doesn't seem to be the case with the new platform. Is that just an option this software doesn't have? It's kind of frustrating not knowing which threads I've created have new responses without going down the list and actually clicking on each one and checking. Just a few days ago I clicked on the first thread listed and there was nothing new, but I clicked on the second thread and it did, I just had no way of knowing. You would think the one with the new responses would be listed first, which helps a little, but that wasn't the case. The only way I think I would know is if someone quoted me. I noticed this same issue over on TDH when that was upgraded some time ago.

For the record, I'm talking about when I click on my profile and go to "Information", and then click on "Find all threads by azheat01".

Sorry to ask again, I know there are more important things than this right now.......

Good question. I don't know the answer, but I will find out.

This is just a quess... but I suspect the suggestion is going to be that you folllow your threads and then you will get an alert when one is posted to... but let me find out before we move forward.

Hey Art, do you happen to know the answer to this. Posted before but no one has chimed in yet with the correct info.

It use to be when I clicked to show a list of all threads I created, the ones with new responses since the last time I was on would be bold. Doesn't seem to be the case with the new platform. Is that just an option this software doesn't have? It's kind of frustrating not knowing which threads I've created have new responses without going down the list and actually clicking on each one and checking. Just a few days ago I clicked on the first thread listed and there was nothing new, but I clicked on the second thread and it did, I just had no way of knowing. You would think the one with the new responses would be listed first, which helps a little, but that wasn't the case. The only way I think I would know is if someone quoted me. I noticed this same issue over on TDH when that was upgraded some time ago.

For the record, I'm talking about when I click on my profile and go to "Information", and then click on "Find all threads by azheat01".

Sorry to ask again, I know there are more important things than this right now.......

Good question. ...

Hi Art!

Weird things happening with my account. Seems I lost posting privileges in the junkyard "runs" section (can't see the button any longer), but my account still shows "premium member" status, and also... I can't seem to search for any old posts! I have a few runs going in the junkyard but when I search, only ONE comes up, no matter what word I use or if I search for posts "by me" or not. Tried logging out and back in again, but nothing changed. Maybe a caching error or something going on?

Hi Art!

Weird things happening with my account. Seems I lost posting privileges in the junkyard "runs" section (can't see the button any longer), but my account still shows "premium member" status, and also... I can't seem to search for any old posts! I have a few runs going in the junkyard but when I search, only ONE comes up, no matter what word I use or if I search for posts "by me" or not. Tried logging out and back in again, but nothing changed. Maybe a caching error or something going on?

Sir, you should be good to go now.

Hi, I know you are probably busy with more important fixes, but noticed that I cannot post in my own WTB thread to bump it, like on the old forum. If that is intentional, then that's how it is, but if it's supposed to be how it used to be, then I thought I should at least mention it.

Cheers.

I miss Tapatalk ability.

Why...why ;)

Now that you have had some time with this software, I am curious what you feel Tapatalk provided that the current software does not. I would be VERY hard pressed to go back to tapatalk but if there are things you don't have, I'd be interested in trying to see if this software can provide those solutions.

I'm still seeing oddly placed ads. This is on Safari on IOS.

Sean

C61921CC-A59B-428E-8059-A460C9296141.jpeg
C61921CC-A59B-428E-8059-A460C9296141.jpeg

Thanks Art. This new look is great.

Having to log in all the time.

Seeing my participated threads organized as a quick reference. If I can do this here I don’t know how.

Now that you have had some time with this software, I am curious what you feel Tapatalk provided that the current software does not. I would be VERY hard pressed to go back to tapatalk but if there are things you don't have, I'd be interested in trying to see if this software can provide those solutions.

The only thing I miss about tapatalk and the RPF is that it consolidated my forums into one location. I could check all my inboxes, and browse a consolidated collection of posts across a handful of boards I follow. Now that the RPF is separate, I have to remember to check in it separately to stay abreast of the new happenings. Aside from that, the new interface is wonderful.

The only thing I miss about tapatalk and the RPF is that it consolidated my forums into one location. I could check all my inboxes, and browse a consolidated collection of posts across a handful of boards I follow. Now that the RPF is separate, I have to remember to check in it separately to stay abreast of the new happenings. Aside from that, the new interface is wonderful.

That is totally understandable. We have considered bringing tapatalk back on a limited basis for Premium Members, but I am not sure that is the right move. Still mulling it over.

Thanks Art. This new look is great.

Having to log in all the time.

Seeing my participated threads organized as a quick reference. If I can do this here I don’t know how.

Clear your cookies and make sure your bookmarked URL is set to RPF Costume and Prop Maker Community

With regard to threads you participated in... Hmmm.... Tough one. The closest two answers I would have is Watched Threads in the Navbar or the Postings tab in your Profile. How did you do this on the previous software?

Are we still seeing updates affecting message counts? I watched my message count drop a week or so back, so I have paid close attention to the number the past few weeks. As of the today, I dropped about 20 messages from this weekend. Did this new update change things again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back