Weathering bones

azurepred

hey guys, i am a complete noob when it comes to painting, so a good step by step process on how to weather bones for my life size predator would be much appreciated i just received my bone necklace from carl and i plan on slapping on a human spine as well for my pred, thanks in advance.

hey buddy , i got mine from carl too,

i used a sponge to weather em, with diffrent browns , greens and yellows,

heres pics

love009.jpg

love011.jpg

love008.jpg

love009.jpg

love011.jpg

love008.jpg

For mine I first "dirtied" them up with a watercolor black paint, as you can see with the dirtied versus untouched version...

41na.jpg

I then coated the boned with about three coats of clear model paint to "seal" and finish the bones...

41nb.jpg

Here I my finished versions...

41nc.jpg

41na.jpg

41nb.jpg

41nc.jpg

lol

hahahhahahahhahh ok ok,

step one , get acrilic paint bottles(the small ones like at walmart) like grass green, blck, light brown, yellow,

step 2, go to wal mart and go to paint section where ud get the acrilic paint and there should be a ripped up sponge,

778672.gif

step 3 use sponge with light brown and apply , try to wet sponge alitle to get a dirty look,

step 4 , after you use the brown to cover most of the necklace, use a thin paint brush to paint joint areas on the cat paw with black,

step 5, use sponge again and get green now and rub the green on the necklace now, reminder "never apply even " always get diffrent areas diffrent colors

use my pics as example,

step 6 , use yellow and mix in too, not to much tho, just lil bits here and there to make it look natural,

and repeat steps if necessary to your liking ,

lol hahahhah better ????? happy ??? lol

778672.gif

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back