Bare bones head tracking shoulder cannon circuitry.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ksj

Slight update on this. I worked with the manufacturer and we discovered a library coding issue with the board. They are working to address it. As it stands the Alorium board will only support 4 servo pins. My setup will require about 10 servos in the final design. Waiting for a response on this.

Christopher1

I like to do everything on a cheap budget with things I can find in bulk or find easily. I tried for years to get this right and think I have a pretty stable version of a Shoulder cannon that tracks head movement in both Y and Z axis, and for cheap as I think I can get it with COTS items (Common Off The Shelf).
Here's the video:

It's not your typical caster cannon, but I feel the shoulder cannon is like the Jedi knight's light saber. It is built individually....and I liked the look of the 80/20 Aluminum bracketing.

I used an Arduino Uno, 2ea - 5vdc servos, an MPU6050 Arduino module (6 axis), a project box from Amazon, RJ45 (Ethernet) connectors with panel mounts, a panel mounted audio jack, a few things I had around my shop, and a 2000 maH rechargeable battery bank (the ones used for charging your phones...I will upgrade to 4000+ maH for more hours of use). I'll put the code I used in my next comment.
What torque spec is the 5VDC servo?

ksj

What torque spec is the 5VDC servo?
hs 645mg
and 785hb
hitec servos

Was looking at the go gilda servos but I slow down this time of year on things as I am saving for next year on things.

also I ran into some performance issues getting the mpu6050 to work properly. Especially with the amount of triggers I was running in the code.