Watch Saturday morning cartoons again

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Retro Saturday Morning Cartoon Block

The link above is to an awesome Facebook page that plays cartoon blocks with commercials from the 70’s and 80’s. This morning you can watch a block of BlueFalcon/Dino Mutt, Godzilla and Thundarr the Barbarian. This is awesome. Plus if you can mirror your phone to your tv or Bluetooth it to your tv, you can watch the blocks on the big screen.

Grab a bowl of cereal and enjoy!

Last edited:
I am afraid most of the cartoons I enjoyed were be considered politically incorrect in the extreme-
George Pal's Puppetoons for one. They even have to edit out the maid in the old Tom & Jerry cartoons

The original Tom & Jerry maid was a heavy set black woman that talked like Miss Prissy from 'Gone with the Wind' to put it delicately
Like the Uncle Remus character from Disney's Song of the South, what was culturally fine back when it was created would be considered intolerable these days.

The original Tom & Jerry maid was a heavy set black woman that talked like Miss Prissy from 'Gone with the Wind' to put it delicately
Like the Uncle Remus character from Disney's Song of the South, what was culturally fine back when it was created would be considered intolerable these days.
That and you had Pepé Le Pew groping and kissing the young kitty against her will. Yeah, I'm going to say that's a #metoo moment that's not gonna fly either in the side catagory :lol:

There are a lot of shows which were very popular in their day but those days have past.
'Hogan's Heroes' - Funny Nazis ?!?!?!
'The Beverly Hillbillys' you cannot even use the word hillbilly today...

The thing is that I grew up watching these "horrible" cartoons and shows and they never altered how I felt about things or groups of people. Trying to purge the media of anything remotely offensive is fashionable right now but I fear it is going to cause even more problems down the road.

One of my favorite shows, Anderson's 'Thunderbirds' had people in peril, the Tracy's were armed and they shot bad guys at times. The new and "improved" CGI version of that series has the hardware but not the heart.

And then there was: Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

This was a Merrie Melodies cartoon directed by Bob Clampett and released to theatres on January 16, 1943 by Warner Bors.

If you don't know about it.... read up on it:
Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs - Wikipedia

And then there was: Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

This was a Merrie Melodies cartoon directed by Bob Clampett and released to theatres on January 16, 1943 by Warner Bors.

If you don't know about it.... read up on it:
Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs - Wikipedia
Just watched
Yet stuff like Family Guy gets away with stuff waaaay more over the top than any of these old cartoons.
tumblr_lqg8rosV1i1qj73e2o1_500.gif

I lived for Saturday mornings into the 90's. I am a child of the 60's and 70's, and some of my favorites were/are Space Ghost, Super President, Jonny Quest, Sealab 2020, Star Trek, Birdman, and the list is way to long to list.

Kicking this back up from the depths.... as today at work I am watching an old classic series....

Godzilla_Power_Hour.png

What cartoons have you been watching lately?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back