Visor Template for Hasbro Clone Trooper Helmet Mod

Country Paul

Sr Member
When I modded my Hasbro Voice Changer Clone Trooper Helmet last week, I looked but couldnt find a template for a visor mod to make the big hasbro visor more screen accurate anywhere,

I ended up just mocking up the visor with tape & then making up 2 visor parts from an old plastic fire escape sign to stick on top of the existing visor/cheeks,

they were just done by eye so I'm not pretending that the measurements are 100% but if you want to quickly & easily mod the hasbro helmet they work pretty well.

I have attached an A4 scan of the templates here if you print it out full page A4 they should fit fine,

Bit low tech I Know but works ok & I just thought it might be helpful for someone looking to mod one of these Helmets

I used a quick drying 2 part epoxy glue,

I sanded both surfaces first & actually used a couple of thin strips of strong double sided tape along with the glue to help it stay in place,

Then lots of masking tape & elastic bands to hold it while the glue dried.

Nothing too fancy or complicated :lol

Thanks Paul,i've started to customize one helm,and even though i've done the visor i can't find my templates,i have 2 more to do as clones so thanks for this

Oh man! That's really something! I always hated the visor on the Hasbro versions, but look what you turned it into! That looks absolutely fantastic! I wanted to do some cosplay for comic-con, which is sometime in August and I figured I could be a clone trooper! I mean why not? I was originally gonna save up for the expensive ones on ebay, but this is a really good idea. What do you think? Should I get this plastic one and mod it or should I get the real deal?

I just raised the upper edge of the "cheekbones" about an inch:

SDC12357.jpg

The contouring was right, just widened for toy purposes. Better than the Boba visor adjustments. To make it accurate to the original (albeit symmetrical), I had to tweak the curve of the top edge a lot:

DSC00098.jpg

...To say nothing of the reshaping the cheekbones needed... *heh* But that's okay -- the Clone Trooper helmet needs the "cheek tubes" reshaped and side vents re-sited, the chin inset relocated, et cetera ad very much nauseum. *chuckle* Still, even with all the work, I think it (as with their Boba and Vader) are good starting bases. They just take a lot of patient work. I find it rather meditative, personally. :)

--Jonah

I did this mod a couple years ago and for the life of me, I cannot get the paint to stick. I've tried all different kinds. the only thing I haven't tried was airbrushing it. Did you do anything special?20150919_140054[1].jpg

for the helmet I modified some years ago and also for a rubies stormtrooper bucket, which is also supposed to be made out of PVC, I used some normal plastic primer for cars in a rattle can. than a coat with acrylic filler and the normal filler to fill all the slits. worked pretty well in my case, there were absolutely no problems and the color look good till now.

in my case I used this one, but its a german label. just find some primer for PVC
auto_k_kunststoff-haftvermittler.jpg

That's weird all my pictures from 2012 have disappeared?

the visor template I drew is a somewhere a couple of Laptops & IPads back

I'll see if I've got it saved anywhere on my external hardrive & re post it

thought it would be safe on here :lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    694.2 KB · Views: 1,397
Hi, thanks for the guide. I've dismantled the helmet, and applied your templates and it looks amazing.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back