Suggestion Videogame replica prop sub forum needed!

I agree. A good idea with the sub-catergories.
I dont know how easily it could be implemented though. Im no webmaster, but I think it'd be a major effort to make such a drastic change.

This is a sort of can of worms that might be best not opened at this time. In fact, it sounds as if there's no chance of it being considered at this time. I totally understand what is going on. They are looking to revamp the site structure and hierarchy and one way is to parse it out by franchise and not by type. By what I have heard, this is a test of utilizing this particular method to see how effective it is as an organizational tool.

I am left with the impression that while they are not looking to make a change out of the way it is currently arranged, it's not something they are entirely opposed to in the future, and much is based on how the current structure testing goes (ie, the Dredd forum).

In a forum this active with this many members and sister-forums out there, it's not really as easy as 'Just got make a new drop down forum area.' Imagine it's like adding a basement onto a house that is already built. You need to make sure you do some structural testing first so you don't mess the whole thing up.

Now, I don't know if this is possible at all, and would certainly take years of development, but it'd be great if the site had a robust system of tags attached to posts. So a Skyrim axe build could have the "Skyrim" and "Videogame" tags attached to it. It could even go as deep as "weapon" and "cold cast".

I think this would help prevent the worry of franchises that cross multiple mediums.
I would also input that which tags exist should be up to a small mod team, not the users at large. This would be do to decrease the amount of incorrect or spamming tags. However, being able to report threads to the team would needed as well in case the OP is missing some useful tags or attached incorrect ones.

Like I said at first, this would take years of development if it is even possible at all. I see the points of both sides on why a franchise forum for Videogames would be both good and bad. And this a solution I see, albeit heading in a different direction.
But perhaps a bit more on topic, I think Doctor Who should be the next franchise forum -- lots of Sonic threads recently.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Now, I don't know if this is possible at all, and would certainly take years of development, but it'd be great if the site had a robust system of tags attached to posts. So a Skyrim axe build could have the "Skyrim" and "Videogame" tags attached to it. It could even go as deep as "weapon" and "cold cast".

I think this would help prevent the worry of franchises that cross multiple mediums.
I would also input that which tags exist should be up to a small mod team, not the users at large. This would be do to decrease the amount of incorrect or spamming tags. However, being able to report threads to the team would needed as well in case the OP is missing some useful tags or attached incorrect ones.

Like I said at first, this would take years of development if it is even possible at all. I see the points of both sides on why a franchise forum for Videogames would be both good and bad. And this a solution I see, albeit heading in a different direction.
But perhaps a bit more on topic, I think Doctor Who should be the next franchise forum -- lots of Sonic threads recently.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Trent, you nailed it. We have been wanting to do this for YEARS! We actually had an infrastructure in place to do this, right before we were attacked in 2012. After that we removed the software and haven't looked into it again, but I believe what you are suggesting is EXACTLY what is needed.

I agree with this - there are many props on here that have been inspired by video games alone, but are scattered in varying sub forums. Having a sub forum dedicated to video game props will bring them all together :)

The update we did to the search function a month or so ago has REALLY helped with the ability to search and find content.

Why isn't there a subforum for videogame props and costumes?

I'm just curious as to why there isn't a subforum for videogames and props? There are quite a few videogame prop and costume threads already here, so I find it odd that they don't have their own subforum.

Create a sub-category for videogame props

I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I think videogame-props would need it's own category.

I personally would have strong interest in seeing VG props filtered from the general "Replica Props" category, and I can image the majority of movie fans who are not into video games would also benefit from them beeing filtered out.

What do you guys think about this?

A video game sub forum is a good idea, as would other franchise forums. Massive IPs like Star Trek and Doctor Who, with decades of material to choose from, ought to have a dedicated forum, just like Star Wars.

Franchise video game props would still go under their primary franchise forum, so a Bryar pistol or a Pazaak deck would still go under Star Wars.

Sure, there are huge franchises within video games, such as Halo and Tomb Raider, but I don't know if there is enough traffic there to have a dedicated forum to those properties.

Just my two cred coins as a new member to the forum.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back