Victor Frankenstein (Post-release)

Re: Victor Frankenstein

It looks good,one thing is for sure if they make it follow the book (or gawd if you've ever read it) it's titanically boring,this is one case where the film/hollywood version is better.

This kinda looks like a Hammer film so it ought to be fun.

"Robert Downy Jr's version of Sherlock Holmes was successful. What if we did the exact same thing with Frankenstein? We'll cast actors that nerds already love so it will have a built in following.'

Except in the source material, Dr. Frankenstein is the villain, and the creature is a tragic victim. Even Young Frankenstein understood that.

I will probably end up seeing this, I'm a sucker for the RDJ Holmes movies and I loved Van Helsing as a kid (not sure it holds up though) so this seems right in that vein to me. Something about the occult/science angle in these Victorian settings just appeals to me I guess. I do like them to actually be somewhat period pieces though, because I really did not like I,Frankenstein and its modern setting.

Looks interesting. If I don't see it at the theater, I'll definitely add it to my DVD queue. (yes, I still get DVD's in the mail. Don't mock me!!! I...am not...an animal!!!)

A decent little flik. McAvoy and Radcliffe are always fun to watch, and the film had a nice look and feel to it. Nothing great but fun enough and worth a shot if you're curious.

I watched this right after Crimson Peak on the same night. Wasn't too bad, it had its moments from time to time. McAvovy & Radcliffe worked great together as a team. The story was a bit boring and should have called the movie "Igorstein" since it seem to be his story with victor madeness. c+ rated

Except in the source material, Dr. Frankenstein is the villain, and the creature is a tragic victim. Even Young Frankenstein understood that.

Frankenstein is a victim of his hybris, he´s not evil per se and definitely not a villain. He did not really think things through when he created the creature. but got carried away by the excitement of the possibilities. When the "creature" became self-aware and began to feel alone among the humans, an outcast, Frankenstein was surprised by its wish of having a mate. Frankenstein was like a parent who was unfit to handle his child, a motif that we later saw in a lot of other scifi or fantasy movies like Species.

I´ll very likely watch the new frankenstein over the weekend, I am really curious about how much it was "Bayed".

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back