Venom Snake's arm MGS V: Phantom Pain

Ragedancer

Hey, I plan on going to DragonCon this fall as Venom Snake and Naked Snake, using almost the same costume. My big problem here is I want to make Venom's bionic arm. I plan to use sintra primarily. Thoughts, comments and suggestions would be lovely. I have only work on making wooden swords and shields, but I want to scale down to small almost model making work.

If you haven't worked with sintra(which requires heat forming) before I would personally recommend EVA foam for the arm instead. Easier and more forgiving material to work with that while it also requires heat to form, is definitely less finicky. That's my recommendation anyway.

Hey, I plan on going to DragonCon this fall as Venom Snake and Naked Snake, using almost the same costume. My big problem here is I want to make Venom's bionic arm. I plan to use sintra primarily. Thoughts, comments and suggestions would be lovely. I have only work on making wooden swords and shields, but I want to scale down to small almost model making work.
I sing up under it. I love to work with sintra but when it comes to more ogranic shapes it is hard to form it. EVA is esyer to work that is true but I don't like it too much. I would go with paper model to fit your hand at first and then reinforce it with resin and fiberglass. Smaller elemnts like details of fingers shood be fine when made out of sintra.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back