vader dome matting to face

boatbuilder1

well I finally got a full size vader helm
there is no ring inside the dome to mate with the face how low does the dome ring sit on the face ring?
charlie

Is this to wear or to display?

If it's just to display, I sugest putting a piece a foam inside the dome to keep it on the right position, it works as well as anything. :)

Originally posted by boatbuilder1@Jan 20 2006, 04:54 PM
well I finally got a full size vader helm
there is no ring inside the dome to mate with the face how low does the dome ring sit on the face ring?
charlie
[snapback]1164098[/snapback]​
Hey Charlie......what Version helmet is it??? ANH, ESB ROTJ???

Dome position is different for the 3 movies... basically we start really low w/ ANH and the dome just ends up sitting progressively higher and straighter w/ each following movie. There really is no one measurement/formula to position the dome correctly. The best way to do it is to get as much reference from the movie you are going for - and then just sit down w/ the photographs and a bunch of foam and just test-fit the dome until it looks just like your reference. It's kind of trial and error... but good fun, once you hit the right spot.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back