Vader Costume...

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Frett @ May 16 2006, 11:47 PM) [snapback]1245494[/snapback]</div>
Your coming along nicely :thumbsup

If you need a cape , I can vouch for a member here, that has killer repos :)
[/b]

Not nessessary. Though I appreciate the offer. :)

The cape is in progress. The wool has been cut into 3 rather large triangles to be sewn together, and this weekend we're going to do the same for the satin lining.

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Frett @ May 17 2006, 08:47 AM) [snapback]1245494[/snapback]</div>
If you need a cape , I can vouch for a member here, that has killer repos :)
[/b]

You can feel free to "Drop the name", as I for example really need to "replace"
the Cape and Robe on my ANH Vader - mine are a tad too short and not heavy
enough - :(

... looking for something that is really 100% ANH Cape and Robe - any help or
names (and what it will run me $$$-wise) would really be appreciated - :angel

Sorry for the short Hijack - :$

Ok. Vader.. WITH CAPE. :D

Well, The cape needs to be hemmed, and ironed, but otherwise...
I'm impressed despite myself. By the end of the week, I should put in my app for the 501'st.

mevadercape2.jpg

mevadercape3.jpg

What do you think?

Really great stuff you look the part.,and the soft parts being homemade is impressive, saved yourself a bundle.
One question, what do you use to stop the helmet and shoulder bells chipping the armor? i imagine even if clearcoated it could still get chipped?,

<div class='quotetop'>(frosty @ Jun 5 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]1256528[/snapback]</div>
Really great stuff you look the part.,and the soft parts being homemade is impressive, saved yourself a bundle.
One question, what do you use to stop the helmet and shoulder bells chipping the armor? i imagine even if clearcoated it could still get chipped?,
[/b]

Nothing. yet. The shoulder bells.. I'm still not quite happy with thier positioning, and the padding I installed, but I've head of people using the rubber stuff you put on car doors to keep the shoulders from chipping.

<div class='quotetop'>(SHalamar @ Jun 5 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]1256563[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(frosty @ Jun 5 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]1256528[/snapback]
[/b]

Nothing. yet. The shoulder bells.. I'm still not quite happy with thier positioning, and the padding I installed, but I've head of people using the rubber stuff you put on car doors to keep the shoulders from chipping.
[/b][/quote]

Yup..or even a strip of electrical tape on the bells will work....

<div class='quotetop'>(SHalamar @ Jun 5 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]1256563[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(frosty @ Jun 5 2006, 07:11 AM) [snapback]1256528[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

The foam tape itself works wonders. Kev suggested that to me a long time ago... :D

I have put foam tape on the underside of my armor as well. That way when the bells slip under the armor (which they can do) you do not scratch the bells at all. Ill try to post some pics to illustrate what I mean.

The Vader is looking great.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back