Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor - NEW SUIT DONE Pics on p.17

Re: Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marine Armor - Finished Suit Pics on p.17

I still haven't managed to clean up the workshop and get back to making things, but I thought I might as well share this pic of the most vital part of the build:

Each of the three suits had this exact same purity seal on the left shoulder plate.

that is too freaking awesome, job well done, sir!!!

I still haven't managed to clean up the workshop and get back to making things, but I thought I might as well share this pic of the most vital part of the build:

Each of the three suits had this exact same purity seal on the left shoulder plate.

Ah, I see you are familiar with the notorious legal team over at GM. Gosh forbid someone enjoy their hobby without paying money to them for it.

Dean

The seals a good place for the copyrite declaration, very fitting to the suit.

Great suits! Any chance you've got some good pics of the hands?

The little heart on the seal impression is a nice touch. : )

I'd wanted to come out for Maker's, and had friends sending me pics of you guys I really wish I hadn't had to work all weekend, Fantastic builds, they look great!

Most amazing. I can't believe my eyes. I've been playing Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k Tabletop since it was RELEASED, and I've been dreaming of suits like those. Now I have kids of my own, I'm in the 501st, my youngest of 3 sons is with me, and we're DYING looking at this thread, wishing for suits like that.

I'd kill for a kit to assemble...just a kit....a bucket? Just one non-beaky-space marine helmet?

They're incredible. Your talents should be ALLOWED to be shared! The world NEEDS to have not mere squads...but GARRISONS AND LEGIONS OF SPACE MARINES COVERING THIS EARTH! Every corner! Delivering The Emperors Word!

How could the GwODS be SO selfish?! SO NARROWMINDED! SO GREEDY! THEY HAVE FALLEN TO THE TAINT! THEY MUST BE CLEANSED! THE GwODS ARE HERETICS IF THEY DISALLOW YOUR AMAZING WORK TO BE SPREAD ABOUT THE GLOBE!!!

Would you have some of the dimensions you used for the shoulders pads on hand? Or really, dimensions of any part of the suit.

Great suits! Any chance you've got some good pics of the hands?
Not yet. I'm still meaning to write up a blog article about building the hands. I'll snap some pics for the entry, but the hands really didn't come out all that great.

Would you have some of the dimensions you used for the shoulders pads on hand? Or really, dimensions of any part of the suit.
Not really. The shoulder pads were shaped entirely by eye. It was really only blind luck that they happened to fit the pep-built forms for the other pieces.

looks like you guys have hit imgur etc as well

I was also interviewed by Wired.com. You can see the video here:Wired.com Video

My guy in the suit had a lot of fun with the interviewer. I just wish they hadn't cut it all down so short.

In other news, a couple of my guys took one of the suits down to Fanime in San Jose this weekend. There were a lot of pics, but this one was my favorite:
581117_446024048741542_1548961459_n.jpg

There's a false Emperor joke in there somewhere...

That realy shows off well the size difference to the normal armour costumes worn. You just need an ironman in the line up now :)

I keep looking at the size of the feet in the picture and imagine the damage you could do if you are not careful where you walk :)

How is the visability in the helmet or do you need a handler when walking around ?

This is just so awesome! I wish I had skills like you man!
and the guns in the interview look amazing!

So very, very jealous of this build. Congratulations on probably the best build I've ever seen. =)

Excellent work and nice to see your build has gotten some web attention. Very well deserved and excellent build.

Man those suits look so awesome. I painted tons of these as a kid. Really cool to see one life size! Are you guys gonna come to Comic-Con San Diego?

Great Job on the giant "Dry brushing"

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back