Vaako - for when being just a Necromonger "is not enough!!"

Guardian Devil

Sr Member
An amazing set of armour worn by Karl Urban as Vaako in The Chronicles of Riddick.
Vaako can be seen wearing this superb costume from the scene where he is made a General for reporting the death of Riddick until the end of the film.

I told myself I wasn't going to drop any more big bucks on Riddick costumes (a quick browse of my site will show how out of hand it got!) but I saw this in person and just had to have it. The Necromongers are wonderfully designed and I don't think any of them can top the design and style of Lord Vaako's armour.

Vaakofront.jpg

Vaakoglovedetails.jpg

The description on my site:
As well as the fantastic gold-finish Necromonger armour plates, this costume also features a very impressive ceremonial open-face helmet that is seen presented to him by the Lord Marshall upon his promotion, ornate 'General' shoulders featured only on Vaako's costume, detailed 'scaled' undersuit and the most impressive one of a kind hand-beaten metal gauntlets with snake motifs because of the cost of production only one pair of these gauntlets were commissioned so of course screen-match to the scenes they appear in.
All parts are labeled either 'Vaako' or 'Karl Urban'.

Vaako.jpg

Helmet2edit.png

I've also picked up the axe/pole-arm weapon Vaako uses to attempt his attack on the Lord Marshall and will have pictures of that up on my site soon too!

you have all the riddick goodies, nice score.

is this the same helmet that riddick sees in his flashback/dreams worn by Lord Marshall? can you post some pics of the helmet?

Heres a pic i grabbed from my tv

Great piece! I love seeing all the detail that goes into costumes that might not even be seen on screen. Ive got a pressure vest from 'Sunshine' which has a tiny fictional makers label on the back.

Very nice piece, wasn't the best movie on earth but I did love the armor designs of the necros. Hoping that the next Riddick movie is more like Pitch Black.

Good eye Zorg! It certainly appears to be the same, I'll have to go back and check that out, I'll have a word with the guy this came from and see what he knows about it. Even if it's not this specific one it's very cool to see that this style made another appearance.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone - this has been a real bonus for me, it came out of nowhere - I wasn't looking for it and wasn't expecting to be this impressed with it!
Anyway - here's some more pictures to show off some of the beautiful details!

I had some time to assemble it on a mannequin, so here's how it's looking today:
Vaako-1.jpg

Full metal gauntlets. Apparently they had to wait months for these (and the pair for the Lord Marshall) to be delivered:
Gloves.jpg

The Pole-arm/Axe:
Axevaako.jpg

Fully lined and padded fiberglass helmet:
Helmet1.jpg

Helmet2.jpg

Fiberglass shoulder armor:

Shoulder.jpg

That movie really was very beautiful to watch. The costume and set design were great. But honestly, I was suprised to see the third movie was being made. Good news for us.

The armor is amazing, but the helmet is exceptional. Its such a shame that you never get to see such fantastic details in the film.

I told myself I wasn't going to drop any more big bucks on Riddick costumes (a quick browse of my site will show how out of hand it got!) but I saw this in person and just had to have it...

Understandable! This ornate version of the Necro armor is spectacular.

and a lord marshall! just rub it in why dont you :lol

i would love to get hold of the helmet, i love the design.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back