V Visitor Laser Gun Replica Prop - Idealized Version - Development & Improvements

I'm not sure I understand the differences from the screen made prop, and the one based on Mr Coleman's.

Are the changes just superficial, or do you HAVE to start from scratch? Can you build on what you have already done? Isn't that the purpose of having a digital model, to be able to chance what needs to be easily?

-Skyler101

Don Coleman:

VVisitorLaserGunTheSeriesVersion1A.jpg

vs

Screen Used:

VVisitorsScreenUsedGun2.jpg

Where to start. They are quite different in so many aspects, bu the size could be the first factor. Later the barrel ribbed stuff is different. The grip is different, the ribbed grip is different. etc. They seem to be like, but believe, they are different. Of curse I can modify what I did, but that will take me the same time that starting from scratch. Of course I can do only the superficial changes, but won't be enough for me. I am not worried about superficial/cosmetics details, I am worried about the parts I won't be able to replicate since I don't have good references, and I don't want to build a mediocre gun, want to make it perfect.:unsure

Great answer... With both pieces side by side, I can see the differences.
I say, take your existing model and just GO FOR IT! Create what you want to make! I honestly can't believe its another three months of work to modify what you have already made.. Back yourself!

I'm in for one, even if I have to save my pennies... My way of backing your work! :)

-Skyler101

Thanks 4 your support. I don't do this for living, I have a real job and a wife. If I have to spent every next night doing this, my wife is going to kill me. I dedicated all my free time during the past 3 months to build this. Last night I explained this to her and she told me: Are you going to start all over again?:behave

Personally, I think you should update the superficial details (like having the safety lever only on one side) and just make your own interpretation of the original prop. You're already adding extra features, so total accuracy isn't necessarily that important. It will still be the coolest Visitor blaster around.

Last edited:
Thanks again. I am trying to digest all this but I can assure I won't give. Being a software developer makes me think always about re-usability. Won't drop this model but capitalize it in another way. I gained a lot of experience doing it. IF everyone agree, I could do the cosmetic improvements to do it accurate to the screen used one, using this model as base. That way, I won't compromise quality or looks. What do you think? I am looking for a screen used cast or image references from front and back. Any help will be welcome. My offer is still available.

If anybody wants to help me with option 3, even borrowing me the gun for a while, I offer two finished pistols to that member

I agree.

Please continue this project, as you see fit.

I'm still in for 2 of them regardless of these findings. And I really appreciate your wanting it to be the best most accurate possible with what you have to work with.

They will still be improvements over the originals and yet one of a kind. I like that.

If it helps, maybe let your wife know there are a bunch of V fans you're helping out by making this. You will be fulfilling many of our child hood dreams of owning one of these.

It's a good karma. :)

I thought I'd add a bit more background on the pistol.

Beechy, the pistol you have is of the second variant I made. It has the slide switch on the side of the barrel as a plant on, on the third version I cut the side and recessed the switch. But, all the pistols I made were solid resin, I never made any with lights or sounds.

I made my first version shortly after the original movie aired. I usually attended the local conventions and in many cases had a dealers table and sold the pistols, holsters and other bits and pieces. I was also wholesaling some to John Marco in Orange county. The ones I sold to John were unpainted. John liked to add lights and sounds to the props he sold so it's possible he made the one Beechy has.

As I said earlier I did a total of three versions, each adding or changing detail to be more like the studio gun.

rebel agent, don't feel bad that others told you the pistol was from the show, the second convention I went to after making my pistol, recasts were showing up being sold as original studio copies. They didn't even have clear rods in them.

I was aware the Kathy was selling copies of my pistol but I didn't know she was saying they were copies of the actual show pistol, that isn't right.

I had started on doing a rifle, all the masters were made but I thought the stock parts were welded aluminum and I didn't know anyone who could do that so the project didn't move forward.

Kathy is telling me now that the gun she is selling almost were screen used, cause came out from a mold of a guy who almost worked for a new V version of the show. I don't know which lie is worse.:unsure

And I really appreciate your intervention here. Saved me a lot of money and time.

Beechy, the pistol you have is of the second variant I made. It has the slide switch on the side of the barrel as a plant on, on the third version I cut the side and recessed the switch. But, all the pistols I made were solid resin, I never made any with lights or sounds.

I made my first version shortly after the original movie aired. I usually attended the local conventions and in many cases had a dealers table and sold the pistols, holsters and other bits and pieces. I was also wholesaling some to John Marco in Orange county. The ones I sold to John were unpainted. John liked to add lights and sounds to the props he sold so it's possible he made the one Beechy has.

As I said earlier I did a total of three versions, each adding or changing detail to be more like the studio gun.

I've got both versions.. Both full size, the version 2 you did, is the resin one I have.. And then one, that could have been from John, as it's more thermal plastic with the electronics and sounds, and looks like a version 2 as well..

as posted in arduino forum, i 'm sure the arduino nano328 with the WTS020 audio sound module will work perfect

this is the E11 blaster arduino nano sound/light effects
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIUVYMPBCyQ&feature=player_embedded

you will need also a small audio amplifier and you should decide what kind of leds (superbright 1 watt for the nozzle?) and batteries to use. In my E11 project i am going to use the Phottix LP-E8 1400mAh 7,4 volts (for canon cameras 550d since i own it and the charger, they are perfect and phottix batteries are good, tested)

as for the pistol variants, this was the scheme i got some time ago from the visitors unofficial forum (now closed)
pistolcomparisonchart.jpg

voriginalpistolcomparis.jpg

vseriespistolcomparison.jpg

these pictures are named "prototype" so i don't know if it was a screen used

vprototypesfxpistol8.jpg

vprototypesfxpistol6.jpg

vprototypesfxpistol5.jpg

vprototypesfxpistol4.jpg

vprototypesfxpistol3.jpg

vprototypesfxpistol2.jpg

vprototypesfxpistol1.jpg

the pistol part of screen used stunt rifle
vrifle1.jpg

vrifle21.jpg

vrifledamagedstunt21.jpg

vrifledamagedstunt23.jpg

pdvd026o.jpg

vosg001clrg.jpg

Last edited:
I just read on another forum " why didn't I say something sooner"

I did, about 4 years ago. When the topic arose.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/v-gun-48203/

And , I don't make a cent from Kathy's sales on guns. I sold her 10 holsters last year, my design same as the ones I made in 85.
You are right, I missed that thread in my research. Would have saved me 200 dollars in cash, cause I bought two katarra8 blasters. And I was talking about Kathy making money with her "almost screen used speech".:unsure

as posted in arduino forum, i 'm sure the arduino nano328 with the WTS020 audio sound module will work perfect
You are going to be very helpful with this project since you have all the experience with Arduino. I actually bought a Mini Arduino and a WTS020 module. As well a UNO to program and test it more easily.

actually the tv series style pistol gun was used in the Final Battle and the tv show.

On the rifles there were static ones made, rubber ones made, ones where the scope lights up and can be turned on it has a series of like 5 bulbs or so inside, and a working version where the barrel tip lit up when a button was depressed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back