Useable Prop Replicas

WilsonFrontier

I'm sure I can't be the only one who has an item or two that is simultaneously a prop replica by some form of the definition, yet also something you can use in some fashion - rather than just have on display to enjoy visually. It got me thinking about what all everyone else might have in that category.

Example, I've got some knives that are the same make/model as used by characters in shows/films. Also have some drinking glasses that are the same as used in a show. In particular I've got a pocket knife that is the same make/model from the "Battlestar Galactica" film "Razor" - I imagine a few of you might have such too. Have the switch-blade Heath Ledger's Joker used in "The Dark Knight" (it's a bit nasty, so I don't use it; but I could). Set of drinking glasses of the same variety used in a few episodes of "Battlestar Galactica" as well.

Anyone else have any useable replicas?

Macgyvers pocket knife and duct tape. I also have a non-contact infrared thermometer used in Startrek:enterprise as Tuckers engineer tool. I use that to check my oven when baking.

There was a run of Gary Seven Servo Pens from TOS of Star Trek that had a pen tip you could switch out to actually use. Pretty sweet!!

Jhusel

Great thread! Okay, let's see:
- Victorinox Spartan Swiss Army knife from MacGyver
- Suunto Vector watch from 127 Hours
- Casio AMW-320R watch from the short-lived Bones-spinoff The Finder
- Some homage 007 watches
- Parker ball pen from GoldenEye

Then there's also some stuff I would consider to be more costume than prop, like my Indy jacket and shoes, and some Bond jackets and suit.

Beretta CX4 Storm rifle (9mm/92FS magazine compatible version) from the new Battlestar Galactica series. Though I did not find out it was one of the types of guns used in the new BSG until after I had owned it for awhile.

Flatware used in Voyager and 2001.
Thermos and cups used in TNG.
Travel clock used as a future tricorder TNG
Backpack used in JP3
Backpack used in Pacific Rim (my current go to work pack)
Real and replicas Mk IIV bag (Indy)
Wested (Indy Jacket)

Hmm, let's see:

+ BODUM mugs (set of four, plus sugar bowl and milker/creamer) as used by Capt. Picard on TNG

+ Richard Castle "Nikki Heat" novel series (featured on the show "Castle", so counts as a prop)

+ TOS Phaser Remote from The Wand Company (could be used for my TV, though I don't)

+ 10th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver Remote from The Wand Company (same deal as above)

krups coffee grinder from bttf...okay it wasnt a grinder in the movie but you could have a accurate replica thats also a coffee grinder

Beretta CX4 Storm rifle (9mm/92FS magazine compatible version) from the new Battlestar Galactica series. Though I did not find out it was one of the types of guns used in the new BSG until after I had owned it for awhile.

I've got the airsoft of that. Wonder if the real one is as heavy? Likely heavier, I'd imagine! :D

My everyday jack is my Pacific Rim leather bomber jacket. If I want a dressier coat i wear my BBC Sherlock coat. My standard, go to, hat is my Indy fedora. I get a number of comments on the Pacific Rim jacket but no one has said anything about the Sherlock coat!

I just bought a Moto jacket that caught my eye on Brooklynn Nine-Nine that Andy Sandburg was wearing. It looked cool so I picked one up!

I made a working replica of the BSG CIC Hall Phones, it sits on my computer desk, is connected to our landline, makes and receives calls.

file_zpsc98c578e.jpg

file_zpsf168c13a.jpg

The Last Crusade Elsa lighter I recentlty did is certainly a functioning prop, but since I rarely need a lighter it gets little use. Would love to find the flashlight insert to go in the case, would present more opportunuties for use. I believe zippo discontinued them a few years back though.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back