Useable Prop Replicas

I assembled a replica of Ray Stantz's hardhat with headlamp from Ghostbusters 2...

393619_370217203091849_958125051_n.jpg

It later proved highly useful when I was on a ladder, changing burnt-out bulbs in a ceiling fixture in a windowless bathroom.

The burnt-out lightbulb had separated from the metal piece that screws into the socket, so I had to have the breaker off, plunging the whole room into darkness.

I was very glad I had presence of mind to remember this prop, which gave me both hands free while aiming the light wherever my eyes were looking.

Alex

My Glasses are Beaufort P3s Seen in:

Raiders - Indy's Professor Glasses
Ghostbusters - Egon's Glasses
Nine Gates - Johnny Depp first Glasses

& others I can't remember right now.

Aside from the numerous clothing and T-shirts I own from TV, movie, etc. I suppose the ones used most are:

- Athelstan's bracelet given to him by Ragnar (never take it off) from Vikings
- My Indy MKVII bag was my primary diaper bag for quick trips out with my newborn twins (so manly)
- Most importantly I have had numerous reconstructive knee surgeries after blowing them out in highschool football and complications since and have used on occasion both of my House M.D. canes, the black one with the flames and the maple one with the horn handle tip whenever the old injuries flare up.

I used to use my Fertility Idol as a hat stand... And I used to wear the hat a lot too (but it's a costume, not a prop).

I sometimes use the Arc Reactor that's on my desk as a flashlight, if the batteries of my actual flashlight are dead and my son dropped some toys under the couches again...
Apart from that, also the McGuyver Victorinox Army Knife (although he didn't use Victorinox all the time).

I can't think off the top of my head any props per-se, but my Indiana Jones gear is pretty "real world" as far as usability. It's all real clothing (as apposed to walking around in Stormtrooper armor on a casual basis) you can go anywhere in it, even without the weapons belt and whip, the satchel is functional (came in handy on several vacations) and of course the hat, jacket, shirt, pants and boots can be worn and enjoyed anywhere on any day - regardless of being at a "con" or cosplay event.

I wear my Akubra Fed IV all the time, in brown and grey.

Dr. Who 9th Doctor Leather Jacket

Indy Jackets (x2)

Gas Mask bag, of course!

M41 Jacket done up as the Corporal's in Kelley's Heroes

G-Berg Cap from Where Eagles Dare

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back