URGENT HELP NEEDED

Neil Mehta

Hey guys,

I need some urgent help from someone. I had ordered my predator suit through some stupid store and they gave me the date but it never arrived :) and now I don't have enough time left as I had to do some changes. Can someone please suggest the best way to create suit within a weeks time. I was thinking of doing the Mr. I suit but I don't know how long it will take as I have to do layers and layers of latex. Any help will be highly appreciated as I need it done before Oct 29th. My other option was to buy a muscle shirt and the leg warmers and paint it myself but i don't know how good that looks. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

The Hunter's Lair ROCKS o_O

you can expedite the latex curing using a heat gun sold at most hardware stores ..I can get a suit done this way in a matter of a few hours

so you think I can make it within a week???? I would sincerely appreciate some advice on how to. Thanks a lot man. :) and do you think that i need more than a gallon of latex????? because that's all i have left as I ordered it online and I highly doubt that they will be able to ship more within few days.

well ..if you have the time, yes ..start with a duct tape dummy ..there are tutorials on the Lair for this ..get a friend or two to help ...then put that Mr. I suit on it ...to help speed up the coloring process you can slightly tint the latex with acrylic paint to start your base color ..remember that it will dry darker then it looks in its raw latex form. paint the layers on ..then use a heat gun on it ..you will see the latex get dark when it begins to cure. repeat the steps until your latex is gone. let cure overnight ..then start the painting process ..The gallon will go a long way...use cheap 2 inch detailing rollers to paint it ..they will gum up with latex after awhile so you will need a bunch of them ..apply the last layer with a chip brush, stippling it on ..it will provide a texture. Heres the deal ..understanding your time constraint, do you have the supplies needed to paint?

You dont have to cover the suit in latex, to save time and money i just did the front, over my sholders and down my arms stopping at my gaunlets. The biggest time spent on mine was the armor pieces, as i had to make them fit me which came from trial and error. I took a couple of weeks but didnt work on it every night. The skin only took me 2 nights, one to latex and one to paint. You will have to settle for a not so complex costume, so like mine you might have to wear boots in stead of feet ( i made boot armor covers that looked like they where part of the shin armor). Have a look at my topics to see my suit.
Good luck

Greek I have everything but the Mr I suit and detailing rollers which I can buy from the costume store and home depot next to my house. All i was concerned was about how long will it take me to do it. if it could be done within few days than i think i can do it as I have till Oct 29 to finish my suit. Thanks again for all the help man. You are a savior. I appreciate it.

Thanks a lot Obsolete. I will look up your post as well. Every extra information helps. Thanks guys.

The Hunter's Lair ROCKS :)

cool man ..you have the prosaid for paint ..if not ..thin out rubber cement with hardware store Naphtha ..add acrylic paint to a water like consistency ..then push through an airbrush.or base it out with the cement naphtha mix ..airbrush inks ..then quickly seal it with polyacrylic ..or clear plastidip spray if you dont have permawet or v-gloss

You can also try to airbrush paint white latex on a generic black neoprene diving suit (thin one if they have). Then just paint all the necessary colors like the flesh tone and etc. U don't even need to paint the black areas cuz its part of the Predators skin pattern -
like in AVP. Look @ "inside the the monstershop"

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back