Upgraded Han Solo Bespin Ensemble

gman71

I just upgraded from the standard line Anovos Han Solo Bespin to the Premiere line, which I missed out on a couple years back. I received the box earlier today and was SO excited to open it. Then I did...

And I couldn't be happier. What a wildly unexpected difference the fabric makes!!

I meant to put pictures up sooner, but I've been spending a lot of time learning how to shrink clothes the right way and practicing...

Anyway...

THE SHIRTS:

The very first thing I noticed was that the premiere shirt is much different in color than I expected, having a more yellow hue, akin to Han's shirt in A New Hope. The standard shirt is still off-white and yellow-ish, but it is definitely a much whiter hue.

20190114_195217.jpg

The shirt from the standard ensemble is very thick and stiff cotton-ish cloth when compared to the almost floppy and lazy nature of the polyester/wool blended material of the premiere shirt. The materials clearly show thier differences upon closer inspection, with the standard version showing ribbing, that lends to it's stiffer nature and the premiere shirt showing a weave not unlike that of muslin, but much softer and lazier.

20190114_181745.jpg
20190114_181755.jpg

What this means in real-world terms is that the front flap of the shirt on the premiere flops over lazily, like a soft t-shirt versus arcing over in a slow bend like the standard shirt, and the collar rests lazily upright while the collar of the standard shirt stands in a more upright position.

20190114_195233.jpg
20190114_194911.jpg
20190114_194923.jpg
20190114_194932.jpg
20190114_194929.jpg

Finally, and sadly, both shirts--like their Han Solo holster offerings run quite large. I'm on the medium/large end of the Medium scale, standing 6'1, at 175 lbs. with a xenotype VERY similar to Harrison Ford's, but with a slightly longer, thinner neck. Also, I'm thinner than usual at the moment, but am not skinny.

Both shirts are very baggy, with sleeves about an inch longer than I'd expect and with a very wide collar opening. It's manageable with the standard line shirt because the material is stiffer by nature, which keeps the collar up a little. The premium shirt, however, is a different story. The wonderfully lazy material, unfortunately, just sags and makes the shirt look too big. It's impossible to make it look like what we see on the screen because of this.

Han Front.jpg
(this is NOT representative of the final look. The costume is fresh out of the box and my hair's not dyed or styled!)

I have tried every method I could learn to shrink it just a little, but with cost comes quality, and this shirt is impervious to size changes. I'll have to get it tailored down to a smaller size in order to have it sit correctly. Sad news, and it adds to the cost.

THE JACKETS:

The differences in the jackets were even more flooring for me. When I opened the jacket box and took it out, still folded, I immediately thought how light is was and how it draped in my hand like warm flannel pajamas.

I took off the paper and unfolded the jacket and WOW. It is SO luxurious. It's definitely wool. It feels like wool, but the drape is more like a sweater than a jacket. It's so different and better than the standard line in texture and drape that it makes the standard line jacket feel like a costume piece rather than an luxurious every day jacket, which I THOUGHT the standard line passed for quite nicely until I opened this one and felt it!

The jackets, aside from material, fit similar and the only realy aesthetic differences are the shades of blue each jacket is and the fact that the complimentary stitching on the sleeves of the jackets is so much more defined on the premiere jacket. Oh, and the yoke placement is different between the two.

20190114_194615.jpg
20190114_181643.jpg
20190114_194727.jpg
20190114_194719.jpg

The pants and belt are the same between the standard and premiere set, so there's no comparison to be done, I'm afraid.

Anovos did an amazing job on this ensemble. It's way better than I'd anticipated. This is NOT an endorsement of Anovos. I think their process and customer service are rock-bottom; as bad as they come. But they sure do make a great product! A modern-day tragedy...

Last edited:
Hey! Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't buy it directly from ANOVOS. They aren't offering them currently. I'm trying to get back to this post soon.

Ages ago, someone wrote asking me to describe the rest of this ensemble.

I'm finally getting around to it.

The pants are great! They are nearly full-length pants with black, elastic stirrups at the end of each leg and are made of a wonderfully stiff, yet pliant cotton-like fabric which drapes exactly as you see on film.

The stirrups were too long for me at 6'1.5--keeping with the Anovos trend of running large--and lent little in the way of keeping my pants pulled neatly down in my boots. I ended up cutting them off the pants and replacing them with garter straps.

The pants are as comfortable as our real-world military dress pants--just shorter. They get wildly awkward, however, when you slip the black elastic stirrups over your feet, which--with the slightest of tension--triggers a constant battle between the stirrups and your hands to keep your pants up!

The pants secure with a well-placed silver clip inside the waistband and its relatively long (thank God) zipper.

The belt loops are thinner than reference photos, as is the sleeve pocket on both of the jackets, which I forgot to mention before. It doesn't detract from the overall appearance, but it always sits at the back of my mind.

The pinstripes and rider seam are both just perfect, with nearly invisible stitching holding the seams!

The embroidered blood stripes are phenomenal. Perfect color, asymmetrical stitching, and centered properly on a brown overlay, perfectly stitched to the outside of both legs. And they run the full length of the leg, which is really nice and shows they took no shortcuts!

A year later, having worn the Standard line several times, but still trying to find a way to shrink the Premiere shirt a bit, I am still ecstatic owning these. Both the Standard and Premier ensembles are years ahead of any other Han Solo soft-parts replica producers.

I'd definitely buy the Han Solo A New Hope ensemble, but Anovos refuses to sell to me, personally, because of a dispute with them several years ago. I'll have to pay more on the secondary market after they release. :(

Oh well.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back