Update / 09-17-14 Assassins Creed Brotherhood - Armor Of Brutus

Re: Update / 9-28-12 99% done Assassins Creed Brotherhood - Armor Of Brutus

Updated... some adjustments made to how the shoulder armor lays and mounted to the chest /backpiece. allowing for greater mobility... I will be attending the Ohio Rennisance festival this weekend and it will be a decent test of all the parts/movement

Re: Update / 9-28-12 99% done Assassins Creed Brotherhood - Armor Of Brutus

OK all couple pretty good updates.. unfortunantly life gets in the way so it has been a long time since ive had the opportunity to update work on this..
as we all know. no costume is truly ever done.. but this one is about as good as it gets in my mind now...
couple of additions..
-BOOTS!!! finally upgraded to real boots, full lace up period correct style but with a real sole so I can actually walk in them without hurting
- more REAL furs... took off the faux fur.. and added natural death furs.. the one on my right shoulder is Linx the Left is raccoon
- upgraded gauntlets.. made new better fitting gauntlets. added some color to them and added a small dagger on each.. this are modeled directly off a pair you can purchase I just loved them! and wanted functional leather
- AXE frog and Axe from ACIII loved the connor axe tossed it on as a secondary..
- Upgraded to the newer style Hidden blades.. they have a more natural and used color/look and are more con/ renn fest friendly
- Boars emblem full leather Mug! Made locally by "ye dragon and unicorn"
- general fitment tweaks.. it was always slightly big on me and now it fits tighter and looks more my size..
Thanks for looking this is my Baby I have 3 years in the making and all I can do is stare at it sometimes.
- next additions/ changes is possible color palate changes to white/silver or dark blue/silver.. other color ideas are always welcome
20140917_203102_RichtoneHDR.jpg

looks pretty sweet, i'd personally like to see more weathering on it though to really give it that aged, authentic look. Im not sure if you're going for the new look as personal preference or not, but i think that aging it a bit more will really make this one stand out, after all brutus sounds like he's been in a few battles, some nice battle wear/aging will really connect the name to the armour. great job with all the leather working, wish i could do stuff like that!

thanks! and I really agree that weathering would make it stand out a bit more. and at the moment I'm and attempting to let it weather naturally.. I wear it fairly frequently including in wooded and dirty areas.. and i'm letting the scratches and such come as they come.. I think eventually I will have to just do it but as im rather unschooled in weathering I am hesitant as I don't want to permanently make a mistake!

i understand the hesitation, the detail and work is so great so a permanent mistake would be devastating! but hey just get in a few fights with some guards and bam perfectly bloodied weathered armor of brutus! hahaa

I just love the leather work on this!
As I understand it, there are "motive-chisel" like flowers, ornaments, etc. and those for filling in the Background (at least with the majority of the examples I found). The later ones seem to have this rough surface, si I assume you did not use pre-manufatored motives on this but do everything with standard punch tools?

Also the update from 2012 to 2014 is amazing! Feels much more natural and "real" :thumbsup

just a few guard fights would do it well!
and you are correct there are no pre- manned effects everything is from scratch!
thanks it has been a labor of love..

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back