Unobtanium

Originally posted by Forsaken@Mar 16 2006, 09:01 AM
I'm glad I had to pass on the Unobitanium Enterprise.
I could not justify the outlay of the money for the purchase at the time.

But I am sorry for those collectors who got shafted by Unobitanium.

Bye for now
Al
[snapback]1207077[/snapback]​
I bought and paid for an Ultimate ship. I did get all my money back from my credit card co. I own this sagging, sad ship. I got it handed to me in person at a Seatle Creation con, by Chris Gilman. My ship still lights, and has sound, along w/ Shatner's sig.
I do have an old email w/ many shots (jpgs) of my ship brand new, if anyone wants me to forward it to them.
I still wow at the l.e.d. chase effect nacelle feature, and lighting. Love the sound too.
With all it's flaws, I still enjoy it lit at night. I also have the orig. website photos/text descriptions printed out and archived in a binder.
Yes, and Gilman's company also took a hit from UNOBTAIN.'s bankruptsy, as he was a co-singer for the loan and he got stuck w/ using his companies profits to fend off customers trying to recoup from Cigel, who fled.
I have an audio copy of the actual court hearing of debt discharge and 1 former customer who brought his failing ship with him and spoke up calling Rick on his obvious deceit, disception and damning gaul to continue to accept credit card payments way past his ability to ship product, or make good on bad ships sent out..and his never realized regroup to ship replacements made w/ a better resin.

Anybody ever attempt to repair one of the sagging ships. I'd give it a go for free if anyone would be interested.

Send me the ship, I'll see what I can do. Seriously.

Originally posted by micdavis@Mar 30 2006, 08:43 AM
Anybody ever attempt to repair one of the sagging ships.  I'd give it a go for free if anyone would be interested.

Send me the ship, I'll see what I can do. Seriously.
[snapback]1216213[/snapback]​
Actually 1 buyer did commission his ship be repaired and reworked from ground up. One of the dude's known for customizing models, took on the project, and detailed his resoration w/ photos. He pryed the ship apart, sanded, repaired, re-decaled, added modifications he felt Unobtainium messed up on detail wise.
I'd have to dig up this url.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back