Unknown screen used Sci Fi gun

Jayce

I got this movie prop that i bought between 2002-2004 if i am right, after all these years i still do not know in what movies and or series it has been used.

Maybe someone here can help me with it.

Here are the pictures:

my31002.jpg

my31003.jpg

my31004.jpg

my31005.jpg

oc15008.jpg

oc15010.jpg

oc15014.jpg

Certificate of Authenticity

This is to certify that this futuristic ray gun has been a part of the Ellis Collection of Film Props, and that it has been utilized in many sci-fi ? and other films !

oc15016.jpg

oc15017.jpg

oc15018.jpg

oc15019.jpg

ooh now that's interesting!

I've just done a quick 'google' regarding the letters/numbers and the little 'crest' on the side.

It may just be my imagination, but the crest looks like it may tie in with the 37th Tactical Fighter Wing (37 TFW):
120px-37thtfw.jpg

ooh now that's interesting!

I've just done a quick 'google' regarding the letters/numbers and the little 'crest' on the side.

It may just be my imagination, but the crest looks like it may tie in with the 37th Tactical Fighter Wing (37 TFW):
120px-37thtfw.jpg

Correct, that is the same one.

Hmmm.......
In that case, I think it was more likely used in an Air Force based movie. It looks like it might be some sort of azimuth scope or targeting device.

Last edited:
Late reply from me.

The part where you hold it is from a real gun where you put the magazine in (i am not a gun expert).

The front piece is all black, its not glass but black plastic, it seems to be a mix of different items that is seems to be used as a laser gun.

If i know what it is and where it has been used i can think about keeping or selling it :)

The part where you hold it is from a real gun where you put the magazine in (i am not a gun expert).

The grip appears to be a pistol grip from an M-16 or M-16A1 (Vietnam Era). Just an FYI, no magazine was inserted into it...it was hollow, I believe, to save weight and for ease of manufacturing.

Really can't help with much else, but definitely an interesting piece.

Late reply from me.

The front piece is all black, its not glass but black plastic, it seems to be a mix of different items that is seems to be used as a laser gun.

If i know what it is and where it has been used i can think about keeping or selling it :)

It looks like the guns they made for Johnny Mnemonic
But thats my best guess :)

The only 2 sci-fi movies listed were Escape from LA and Postman

Could be a random background gun from EFLA I guess or even one of the cameras, its been a while since I've watched the movie.

Deffiantly a neat find!

Some extra information:

if you look closely you can see a horizontal line on the big long part in the middle (not the holding part but the body part), this same line is also to be seen on the other side, it goes all the way untill the end, i can even see it infront on the first outer ring, its not a perfect line, here and there it goes of a little bit but not much.

The other side where i didn't make a picture from except for the prop sticker on the holding part has a ''button'' on the place where the hole is on the other side, it says IMPACT and under it LEFT with a arrow under it going clockwise, i can not turn this button.

The same button is on the top, its the bump sticking out on the first picture, it also says IMPACT and under it UP with the same arow under it.

Left of the 37th Tactical Fighter Wing (37 TFW) sticker mentioned earlier by member Nobby it says ON and under it OFF next of the silver things that seems to be not made of metal.

And i see a big screw inside the holding part straight up.

Also, there seems to be no or little metal parts in it except for the big screw, the body seems to be made of some light yellow resin, you can see it on the fourth picture in the ring, i also see it on the other side on the edges where the paint was worn a little of, also in little hole that can be seen on the first picture one can see the same color, they didn't put the ''sawdust'' out of it, its sticking in there, i was able to get some out of it and it and it feels like some kind of resin, its not hard, the ''buttons'' are also made of this, the texture part on the smaller back part is rubber, the front big round part is thin plastic.

:)

Last edited:
I'm 99% certain it was made from a pistol grip fire nozzle with the bail handle removed and greeblies added on, similar to the one below...

Shoot Paul an e-mail at: Paul@lucasfrancisstudio.com See if he remembers where it came from...

Got a reply the same day i send one, here is the info he gave me :)

I have some bad news, that's not an official COA. while Steve and I did make COA's for one buyer at Ellis, that piece was not one of the 100 COA's we created.

Jayce I took a look at the thread and While that piece may have come from Ellis, the COA is not one of my originals. All of ours had printed lettering and in color.

So it seems my prop might be a fake, last days i thought it might be a stunt version because everything except the holding part is made of resin and the quality is not very good, also i thought it might have been of a whole set done for a bunch of soldiers in a sci fi movie, once again because its cast of original parts (why would you make a resin cast of a scope if you can use the original scope).

So what do you people think, fake or not ? i was more into sci fi when i bought it then i am now so i want to sell it anyway, or if its a fake trow it away ?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back