Underworld Throwing Star / Disc dimensions

madmanmoe64

I'm planning on building an Underworld Throwing Star, with a working mechanism, i.e opens up and blades pop out.

I've experimented with a few ways to make it work but before I nail down the final design I would like to get some accurate dimensions.

I know that casts of the original prop were sold here a while ago, could someone please post a few dimensions (diamter and thickness of main disc and some detail on blades etc) It would help immensely.

- Thanks

This is the image I've been working off thus far (assumed bullet to be 9mm)

underworldthrowingstar3.png

Yeah, I saw them for sale but I can't justify buying one just so I can measure it. Not until after Christmas anyway, and I'd like to finish my design up before then.

Edit: Just realised the first run of those casts hasn't even shipped yet, maybe if I bump this in a few weeks someone will be kind enough to measure one for me.

Last edited:
Right, now that my last project is finished I'm re asking the question, can anyone who owns a replica quickly measure diameter and thickness for me?

I'm really confident that my mechanism will work so it's just getting the dimensions perfect before I draw the final design and send it off for printing.

Any help or other tips / info are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back