Underworld Awaking Review(No Spoilers)

Chevyh0tr0d

Sr Member
So here is my review of Underworld Awaking

Storyline is well put together and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

they explain the fact that it has been 12 years since the last one very well I mean after all they(Vampires and Lycans) are near immortal. The story keeps you guessing till the last 30 minutes of the movie, when the final plot twist is revealed.

Kate Beckinsale does a great role of reprising her role as Selene the Lycan Killing machine.

She also shows character depth by trying to protect and save her 12 year old daughter several times in the film.

India Eisley Does a decent job.

I think the simple fact she has almost no acting experience under her belt and the major fact she looks almost nothing like Kate Beckinsale or Scott Speedman really made it hard for me to believe she was their love child.

Scott speedman does a good job reprising his role of Michael.

However he is not in enough(explained in the story of the film). Lastly what makes me upset bout this movie is they leave his character completely open for another one, but he has said he will not do another Underworld. So how will they play out the next one I wonder?

Charles Dance does a wonderful job playing his character.

about 90% of the movie is in 3d with both things that pop out at you and characters in 3d effect. I can not attest to IMAX level screening as I only saw it in 3d. But I would say if you are going to see it in theaters go in 3d worth the extra few bucks.

Overall a great 90 minute flick with a well put together story that leaves you wanting more at every turn. I would give this film a 9 out of a 10, and recommend seeing it theaters. If money is really tight and you can not as Red tails also came out tonight(Fri 1/20) I understand, either way I think this film is worth the price of admission.

Last edited:
yep as far as i knew micheal wasnt in the movie at all . oh well seeing it today with the wife .

Ok saw it , and no scott speadman wasnt in the movie . anyway loved it .

Last edited:
In this case, the daughter thing to me would not be a spoiler at all. In one of the trailers, Selene said she's the only hybrid child that ever existed, and since Michael was the only hybrid person and was with Selene the last time we saw them, I naturally assumed it was Selene's daughter right in the trailer.

I haven't seen this film yet, but I've already deduced that the girl is Selene and Michael's child. It's just too obvious, but I'd be delighted to find out otherwise later today in Imax 3D.

To the thread starter:
I'm glad my decision to check the feedback posts first before reading yours paid off. Else, had I encountered any spoilers, I might've developed a personal disdain for you. Any movie review must, by necessity, contain spoilers, as it involves critiquing the film's plot. FYI: Plot is anything and everything contained within the causal chain of the diegetic world. In order to write a spoiler-free commentation, you need to vaguely focus on the overall integrity of the story with respect to your expectations or your assessment of the film's action/performance.

Watched it last night.... Great movie! If you liked the first 3 don't miss this one. I feel it's the best one in the series. It action packed and the story line is pretty darn good. I recommend seeing it in 3D if at all possible. Heck the 3D was so good I even jumped onece or twice. Seriously it's a awesome movie.

Ummm... last I knew that was not spoiler free. Though given the way the movie has been advertised IE: lots of action, light on story details, it is hard to review this movie without giving something up. I'll think about seeing the 3d but really just want to see how it all plays out.

To the thread starter:
I'm glad my decision to check the feedback posts first before reading yours paid off. Else, had I encountered any spoilers, I might've developed a personal disdain for you. Any movie review must, by necessity, contain spoilers, as it involves critiquing the film's plot. FYI: Plot is anything and everything contained within the causal chain of the diegetic world. In order to write a spoiler-free commentation, you need to vaguely focus on the overall integrity of the story with respect to your expectations or your assessment of the film's action/performance.

Well technically the only 3 or 4 spoilers I can see my review might contain is

1) Scott Speedman not being in the movie and refusing to do another and about leaving his character completely open for another one. If you watch trailers for this film.

It is clear that in them she(Kate Beckinsale) clearly is going to spend much of the movie looking for him since she clearly asks where he is in it? It is also clear it is not about him so much as her and her daughter, as you clearly so both as main plots in the story. The only real spoiler that would leave for this is how they leave his character open for the end, however you could clearly take from the trailer that since she will spend most of the movie hunting for him, while trying to keep their hybrid child safe. However if you watched the 1st of the underworld films you know they have left a huge opening after that one to continue on with the story. So again it might be safe to assume they would leave this one open for another one.

2) The fact about India Eisley playing their daughter.

Again safe assumption since it is mentioned in at least one of the trailers she is a hybrid child that she is Michael and Selene's daughter, since Michael is the only hybrid we know about.

3)The fact 12 years has passed.

The actress playing their daughter looks to be about 10-14 years old. Again it is safe to assume since in the trailer you see Humans hunting Vampires and Lycans and this hybrid child is supposed to be 10+ years old, that a decade will have past in storyline.

4) My "The story keeps you guessing till the last 30 minutes of the movie, when the final plot twist is revealed. "

Again Most movies with a good story play out this way, Keep you going with the story line till the last 30 minutes into the movie when the 3rd act of the screenplay comes out.

Either way if you or anyone else were offended by my Review then I do apologize and, feel free to not look at my next movie review. I hold no ill will toward anyone here, I have enough real life drama going on to deal with Internet drama!!!

Last edited:
Instead of re-posting the same spoilers why don't you just edit your post to hide the spoilers. :confused

Because to me they are not spoilers, if you are like most people I know and watch a preview/trailer of a film you might want to see in theaters. That and being able to have a brain to be able to put a few simple facts from the trailer together.

It makes you able to easily conclude that this girl is their daughter and the fact since she looks 10-14, a decade may of past.
I do see what you are saying though, to please everyone I edited both my posts to include spolier tags with everything anyone might "consider a spoiler"

Last edited:
Ummm... last I knew that was not spoiler free. Though given the way the movie has been advertised IE: lots of action, light on story details, it is hard to review this movie without giving something up.

Tell you what, I'll give it a shot, let's see how it goes:

Kate Beckinsale is back, her character develops significantly more over this single movie than the previous three (one of which she was only a voiceover). The action is great and well choreographed, the CGI and Lycan transformations have gotten even better! The story is really well developed, J Michael Straczynski was even involved in the writing, and it ends leaving you wishing for more! I'd say this is easily the best of the four movies.

Was that so hard????

Was that so hard????

I don't know was it hard to shove that stick up your butt?? Don't go getting all butt hurt and throwing a hissy fit on me because I put a review and after listening to a few peoples opinions that it might contain "spoilers", I fix my mistake and go on to apologize.

Last edited:
Watched it last night.... Great movie! If you liked the first 3 don't miss this one. I feel it's the best one in the series. It action packed and the story line is pretty darn good. I recommend seeing it in 3D if at all possible. Heck the 3D was so good I even jumped onece or twice. Seriously it's a awesome movie.

It's so freaking awesome! Just go watch it! I stayed up all night watching the first 3 in a row after I saw it. It really is that good. The best one yet.:)

I have not seen the film, but nothing in the spoilers was actually a spoiler for me. I gathered all of that from the trailers. I hate it say it, the reason I want to see this movie is the prop guns. And Kate, of course.

:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back