Uncharted: Nate Drake Outfits (PIC HEAVY)

I am new to RPF and have been inspired by many of the posts found on this thread. I am a leather worker and was recently commissioned to replicate the Uncharted 3 holster for an event. I referenced many of Leatherworker's posts due to the quality images and striking detail.

I have been selling my leather work on my Etsy shop under the name Increditastic and have enjoyed making 10 or more of these style holsters. My skill and design have both improved dramatically.
Here are a few pics of my latest craft.

IMG_7340.JPG

IMG_7344.JPG

IMG_7345.JPG

I am new to RPF and have been inspired by many of the posts found on this thread. I am a leather worker and was recently commissioned to replicate the Uncharted 3 holster for an event. I referenced many of Leatherworker's posts due to the quality images and striking detail.

I have been selling my leather work on my Etsy shop under the name Increditastic and have enjoyed making 10 or more of these style holsters. My skill and design have both improved dramatically.
Here are a few pics of my latest craft.
I've seen your holsters before but WOW, This is a major improvement from the last one Ive seen.

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Been putting my Drake costume together for a couple weeks now [will post images and links to what I've been getting when I'm not at work], but I've been trying forever to get a good holster for the outfit. Trying to get one that looks close to the one Drake uses in Uncharted 2:

It's been a chore, and when looking through this thread, it shows that most of the people who built stuff like this are no longer active members. Could anyone help me out? Any UC2 Drake cosplayers can recommend a good holster? Much appreciated in advance, and thanks to all the people who contributed to this thread.

It's been a chore, and when looking through this thread, it shows that most of the people who built stuff like this are no longer active members. Could anyone help me out? Any UC2 Drake cosplayers can recommend a good holster? Much appreciated in advance, and thanks to all the people who contributed to this thread.

I haven't done a UC2 costume, but as I recall it's not a shaped holster, just the pocket style (which are actually getting hard to find now, since everything's gone custom-molded). If you can't locate one commercially, I'd suggest making one out of garment leather or upholstery vinyl. It's actually very easy; just make sure to cut the shoulder straps on a curve, and reinforce the holster itself with cardstock, interfacing, buckram or sheet styrene so it's rigid.

The holster I used for my UC1 Drake was one I'd made for another costume (recycling FTW!), but it only cost about $3 in scrap leather and Chicago screws, a little glue, and about two hours' work. If I were going to make Drake's model, I would probably invest in some heavier-weight leather to be more accurate (or at least double-layer the thinner material and stitch it).

Holster alone: Riza's shoulder holster | Photo by AVAAntares | Cosplay.com
On Drake: Nathan Drake | Photo by AVAAntares | Cosplay.com

Last edited:
The holster I used for my UC1 Drake was one I'd made for another costume (recycling FTW!), but it only cost about $3 in scrap leather and Chicago screws, a little glue, and about two hours' work. If I were going to make Drake's model, I would probably invest in some heavier-weight leather to be more accurate (or at least double-layer the thinner material and stitch it).

Holster alone: Riza's shoulder holster | Photo by AVAAntares | Cosplay.com
On Drake: Nathan Drake | Photo by AVAAntares | Cosplay.com

Thanks for your help. I ended up going with a holster (molded) I found on Amazon for 30 dollars. Unfortunately, it only ended up having one leather shoulder strap (the other strap was nylon). However, using the leather scrap idea, I made a identical leather strap to put over the nylon and it came out great.

Here are all the pieces I got for my costume:

THE HOLSTER
URjT83Dh.jpg
This was the holster I mentioned getting off eBay. The holster part I was able to make vertical, and as mentioned before, I made a duplicate leather strap to cover up the nylon strap. Came out really well and was able to use some extra pieces that were included with the holster (extra screws, bolts, fasteners) to make the cover strap look authentic.

THE HIP BAG
zrtS93q.jpg
20131017_193809.jpg
This was posted earlier in the thread, and I went and bought it from the eBay seller linked. The only issue with this was it was a really bright tan vinyl pack. I went over it with my knife, a lighter, and smudge it with dry erase markers for a couple days and I think it came out really well.

THE SHIRTS
Lu6MonP.jpg
Wo5l0VA.jpg
GAP Slub Waffle-Knit Henley
Hanes Cool DRI® Performance Men's Long-Sleeve T-Shirt

The waffle-knit shirt is perfect. Perfect color, perfect texture. It's a lot more green when you actually get it, as opposed to the brown you see in the preview image. Went over it with a spray bottle of dirt and rolled around alot to weather it (think I when a little over board though...oh well).

The white shirt is good. I didn't realize it was made of polyester. Rubbed the exposed parts with some baseball diamond dirt to rough it up. Came out nice.

THE SHOES
Pp6GRkp.jpg
Pampa Hi Lite Leather
Much like what TrentPraeger said, I wanted to be able to use the costume pieces when I'm done with them for normal wear. Also, while Nate wears sneakers in the game, I feel like he'd wear boots in real life. These boots had a nice rough color to them and look like they've already been well worn.

THE BELT
wDaTI5p.jpg
VivXS0u.jpg
I used the UC3 buckle that came with the collector's edition (you can purchase one of Amazon). The belt I bought off Amazon. Just look up distressed belts and pick the one that works best for you.

The necklace and ring I also just used from my copy of the UC3 collector's edition. Looks nice, and works well.

For the jeans, I just used an old worn pair I had. Rolled in the dirt and applied some prop dirt to the knee areas to really get a "been crawling through the mud" look akin to this picture:
340x_custom_1255520241205_drake-03.jpg

As for the gun, I've got choices:
1382324_10202314852499706_484680582_n.jpg
Nate picks up a lot of guns during the game. I don't feel the need to be screen accurate for this one.

I'll add some pictures of me in costume once I get some pictures of it taken.

Nice job! I like the dirt and distressing.

(BTW, for future posing reference, you want to place the arrow on the opposite side of the bow from your drawing hand.) ;-)

Now that Uncharted 4: A Thief's End has been announced, and two separate teaser-trailers have been released, I think it's time to liven up the thread and check out the first outfit from Uncharted 4!

View attachment 344476

What it looks like, to me anyway, is a heathered navy henley with 4 small white buttons. The closest one I could find is this one:

View attachment 344477

Dudes Fletcher Cove Henley | Dudes T-Shirts & Tanks | HollisterCo.com

I know it has the logo patch, but a seam ripper might do the trick, eh? Only like $20 on sale right now.

The pants? Well....I can't seem to find ANY pants that have two coin pockets (those little pockets seen inside the regular pants pockets). Closest I could find is these:

dickiespants.jpg
Relaxed Fit 5-Pocket Jean | Mens Jeans | Dickies.com

This pair is currently $25.99. Not a bad price for a close enough. At least, for now.

Surprisingly, no belt buckle. Just a plain belt. Have no clue how to even start on this one. Sorry everyone....

Shoes aren't seen, and the watch looks like the same one from 3. Not much else to go on.

Anyone got anything to add? Any and all help is welcome!!!

Some Caps of the pouch.
Since it's wet it's hard to tell if it is supposed to be leather or canvas (nylon)
Zipper on the top and face.
14373099568_77d257a15c_o.jpg

His watch
14373100078_c02a56f947_o.jpg

Some more pics of my Nathan Drake bits for The London comic con - the holster and bandoleer were made by my daughter in PU leather and weathered by me for realism, I believe she may start making them for Etsy if the demand is there, with myself individually weathering them.2014-07-07 08.09.10-1.jpg2014-07-07 08.07.59-1.jpg2014-07-07 08.08.59-1.jpg2014-07-07 14.32.22.jpgNathan Drake London Earls Court Comiccon 2014.jpg

Last edited:
Working on an Uncharted 2 costumes right now and have just about everything except the boots.

Has any found a pair of close enoughs?

They look green/gray-ish with a yellow tongue thought about about getting a pair of pf flyers and painting the tongue part but wanted to know if there were other options.

Now that Uncharted 4: A Thief's End has been announced, and two separate teaser-trailers have been released, I think it's time to liven up the thread and check out the first outfit from Uncharted 4!

Trent, your first couple of links don't seem to be working...?

I'm really looking forward to this game, though I'm withholding costume-piece judgment until the actual game is out. I've seen too many teaser trailers where game design ended up being reworked before the final release (*cough*PoP:TTT*cough*), and everyone who based their costumes on the first images had to scramble to redo parts of them. (I'm wondering if that's why there's no logo on the holster rig? The previous four games have all had it.) That said, Nathan Drake is one of those characters who looks the same even with minor variable details, so there's really no risk of not being recognized if you do base a costume on the teaser. :)

Steelgohst, your pieces look really nice! I wouldn't have guessed they were PU. They look like leather.

ItalianNinja86, judging by the render (http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27000000/Nate-nathan-drake-27013157-2153-1311.jpg), the shoes have a textured, almost camouflage print and gray or blue rubber toe guards. I think that means they're going to be a custom job no matter what.

Slightly OT: I forgot to post links to the location Uncharted shoots I did, so for anyone who wants to see them, they're here (second half of the album, starting with the suspension bridge): Uncharted Photo Album

I managed to avoid looking terribly girly in... most of them. (Someday I'm just going to have to build a prosthetic jaw to look more manly in my crossplays.) But I had done a Lara Croft shoot at the same location the day before, and I figured Drake should get equal explorer/adventurer time. ^_^

Last edited:
Steelgohst, your pieces look really nice! I wouldn't have guessed they were PU. They look like leather.

Thanks :) sandpaper is the secret - give everything a once over to get rid of the plastic shine, then I used wood stain in a quite random fashion to add variation to the colour tone, then sandpaper again on all the areas that would naturally wear more, ie. all the raised areas and edges, then finally dry brushed with some black watercolour in all the deeper areas where dirt would naturally accumulate.

Hey everybody, I'm cosplaying this year for SDCC and I need some help.

As you know, SDCC is in 2 weeks and I'm missing a few things:

bandolier
leather wrist cuff
and gun.

any ideas where I can buy these things given the time I have left?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey everybody, I'm cosplaying this year for SDCC and I need some help.

As you know, SDCC is in 2 weeks and I'm missing a few things:

bandolier
leather wrist cuff
and gun.

any ideas where I can buy these things given the time I have left?

I also forgot to mention that I live in Los Angeles so international shops would be difficult to get in time.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back