Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception

Just happen to be replaying through all these games right now.

I always loved how the sketches from Uncharted 3's journal are a little clunkier for young Nate, and more polished as he gets older.

I'm replying Uncharted 3 and compiling my own journal at the same time (I add extra walkthrough pages to the official ones) and I'm thinking that the journal should have very different styles, because:
-The Cartagena pages are at least 20 years old, so it's impossible that Drake kept the same journal. More likely, he would have cut the pages of interest from an old journal and glued them to the new one
-Some pages come straight from Lawrence's book, so they should be older, different in style to Drake's (they are not, I think this is a flaw of this game) and also glued to the current journal
-Same with Cutter's own journal pages. Actually in these ones the background paper has a pattern
-The rest are sketched directly on Drake's current journal
Under these premises, here are some examples of what I've done so far (everything is hand-sketched, so expect some variations from the original one, plus the last two are my own addition)
Scan 63.jpegScan 77.jpegScan 71.jpegScan 54.jpegScan 65.jpeg

I'm replying Uncharted 3 and compiling my own journal at the same time (I add extra walkthrough pages to the official ones) and I'm thinking that the journal should have very different styles, because:
-The Cartagena pages are at least 20 years old, so it's impossible that Drake kept the same journal. More likely, he would have cut the pages of interest from an old journal and glued them to the new one

Looks beautiful.

I always loved that in that journal they made the drawings from young Nate cruder than the ones drawn by adult Nate. They at least imply that time has passed through that. Personally, I think it's the same journal though, he probably keeps one per research subject, as implied in Uncharted 4 where they are labeled "Shambala", "Iram of the Pillars", etc. Then again, your logic is good too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back