Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception

Hello,

Thought i would post my journal so far after posting the logo for the museum.
Sorry for the image flip - cant get it to show properly from photobucket.

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

I got some time with the actual tarot cards (not the exact ones used by naughty dog but the same brand, model, whatever) today and I adjusted my printout pics accordingly.
interesting note, these suckers are GLOSSY.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/d_jedi1/Uncharted/UC3/Tarot01.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/d_jedi1/Uncharted/UC3/Tarot02.jpg
If you print those at a photo-kiosk as 4X6 photos, they SHOULD scale to the proper size now.
If you guys want, I can drop one in that album of the "Tower" card that they found on Cutter. It's not in the journal but if you guys want it, I'll up it.

Crap, I took a long break on this project because I had to work on some other stuff, then I started back on it last week and now my printer crapped out on me...uuugh.

I just started this game so I'm watching this with interest. Does anyone have a journal they prefer to use for the UC notebooks?

For Uncharted 3, I use the Moleskine large sketchbook and I suspect that most everyone else does the same.

For Uncharted 2, opinions differ but basically depend on which objects you are scaling from. If you're basing it on the non-rescalable objects, (coins, Drake's back pocket that he carries it in, other random factors) then you want the pocket-sized sketchbook. If you want a better overall representation, then go with the large sketchbook but be aware that the coins will ALL be too small.

I'm not even sure i'm ready to try hand drawing all that stuff. You guys have been doing amazing stuff with the hand drawing.

Hi Guys,

I've just started my own Uncharted 3 journal; this forum has been so helpful!

Just wondering what paper you guys think is best for the printed inserts, such as the Cartagena poster and the tarot cards?

I feel a little guilty asking questions as I can't really contribute anything in return; you've pretty much done all the hard work! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated though :)

The tarot cards i'd probably just use a easy to find card stock like you'd find at walmart, i couldn't tell if they were glossy or matte in the game. Not sure how to do them if glossy. The poster i'm not sure about.

You can usually find card stock (in a large piece) that is shiny on one side.
I cut it into smaller pieces to go through the printer.

I can only imagine that tarot cards might be similar to playing cards; they're slightly glossy. Think ill just have to head to the craft store and have a look!

If you print the Tarot Cards out as a photo, (like at a kiosk) they should come out glossy.
My journal has the actual cards inside and they are pretty glossy. Moreso than regular cards.

Thank you division 6 for the link!

Does anyone know if Drake's Journal in Uncharted 3 is his same journal from Uncharted 2?
I was going to continue the Uncharted 2 journal and add in the pages from Uncharted 3 but was not sure if he used a different journal for each adventure.

Thank you division 6 for the link!

Does anyone know if Drake's Journal in Uncharted 3 is his same journal from Uncharted 2?
I was going to continue the Uncharted 2 journal and add in the pages from Uncharted 3 but was not sure if he used a different journal for each adventure.

They're different. if you look at the covers, in 2 the journal is a dark blue and in 3 it's black.

They're different. if you look at the covers, in 2 the journal is a dark blue and in 3 it's black.

Thanks! I went ahead and bought the black journal.
Hope to start it after I'm done with the Uncharted 2 journal.:)

Has anyone made a replica of Charlie's Journal yet?
I plan on making that one after I'm done with both of Drake's.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back