Uncharted 2 - Phurba Dagger - Version 2

avagoyamug

Hi folks,

as some of you know, I made a resin cast replica of the Phurba dagger in Uncharted 2, some pics of the original:

IMG_1505.JPG IMG_1513.JPG

This is is still one of my alltime favourite props and I have since bought and tried every gold/brass paint or workflow that I stumbled uppon, but nothing really satisfied me - nothing ever looks 100% like real metal.
So I decided to dive into metal casting and document my propably painful journey here.

Since I did the version 1, I now have a high-detail resin 3D printer, and since my friend Lambzilla here pointed out some inaccuracies to me - I decided to rework, and reprint the dagger before I make my new molds...

I plan to then cast it in either pewter or zamac and goldplate it with 24k gold.

To kick off my quest for the perfect phurba replica, I'd like to share with you some of the reworks already made on the 3d Model:

rework_01.jpg

Changes made:
- remodelled the head to have 3 different faces (didn't spot this before, thanks Lambzilla)
- scaled down and worked out the skulls
- the large cintamani stone on the top now has 3 swirls, one to each side
- the "roots" now have stripes , are more pronounced and offspring from the sides of the sphere
- the ears and crown are now thinner

rework_02.jpg

- reworked the middle third according to ingame reference

Please, anyone, feel free to leave any feedback or critique to help me make this more accurate!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to your progress with this! I too have always loved this little prop from one of my all time favorite games :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance you could sell the stl of the final version? Can't find a 3head dagger prop for a dnd game with 3 different faces

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back