Unbreakable Poncho Question

KSC

Hi, guys.

Quick question. I noticed a few guys here have at one time owned one of the Unbreakable Ponchos used in production of the film. I have been interested in aquiring one of these, but something has always bothered me, and I've yet to see anyone else make mention of it.

I understand that many versions, as well as multples, are made for production, and unless there are specific tell tale signs that something was actually "screen worn", it's oftentimes diffcult to assertain whether it actually was, and that's fine, I'm happy either way, but there's something about these particular pieces that just seem off to me somehow...

5u1x6w.png

I don't know if it's the same one changing hands every few months or there are several, all of the pics online are identicle, but You'll notice in the included sale pics, that the "seam" or "flap" in the prop hood is facing the opposite direction from the one in the film. Now, you could always argue that the negative was flipped, perhaps, but in both cases you can clearly see the "FSU" is not backwards, so I'm just a bit confused.

Now, I'm certainly not questioning their authenticty, as all of the sales I've seen for these have been through reputable dealers, but can anyone explain the discrepancy here? Am I missing something? Like I said, I'm not picky about whether it was seen "on screen", but I'd at least like an accurate version.

Thanks!

The only thing I know about the flap is that the hood and flap were altered because Bruce kept getting water down inside the poncho. Now I don't know if that really has anything to do with this issue but it might.

That sure sounds like a possibilty! Maybe the water issue was addressed before principal photography began and the hoods were altered early on? If that is indeed the case, and all filmed scenes contain the revised hood, then these ponchos that come up from time to time, while still really cool pieces, aren't entirely screen accurate, I suppose.

Thanks so much for the info! I appreciate it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back