Question about Marty's 1955 binoculars in BTTF 2

Prop Store

Roland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
On eBay BTTF propmaster Dangerous Bob is selling Marty McFly's original screen used binoculars that were used by Michael J. Fox in BTTF 2. Too expensive for me, so I'm searching for identical binoculars for my replica collection. Does anyone have an idea what kind of binoculars these are (brand, type)?

Here's the picture from Dangerous Bob's eBay listing (back of the binoculars):

martys_screenused_binoculars1.jpg

And a screenshot from the movie (front of the binoculars):

martys_screenused_binoculars2.jpg

Roland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It looks similar to my Vega binoculars, which I received from my ex-father-in-law almost 20 years ago.
Yes, this type of binoculars looks very similar at most of the brands. That's what it makes so difficult to find the exact one from the movie.

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
They’re probably a random pair that is now rare. Lol
They are rare. The brand is 'Rugged Exposure', but that particular model is hard to find.

Bob had posted a photo of the prop binoculars. The brand name was blacked out for the movie but was still legible.
I can't find that photo now, (probably taken down) but I did remember the name. I have a pair that is similar but not exact.

Roland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
They are rare. The brand is 'Rugged Exposure', but that particular model is hard to find.

Bob had posted a photo of the prop binoculars. The brand name was blacked out for the movie but was still legible.
I can't find that photo now, (probably taken down) but I did remember the name. I have a pair that is similar but not exact.
That's a great help and narrows my search a lot. Thank you, Daniel! :)

Prop Store