Ultimate train set

They also now have a fully functioning scale airport... There's a build log on YouTube (close to 30 episodes I think, all 10 - 15 minutes) following the progress, pitfalls, milestones and finally the grand opening. Only downside is its in German. It does have subtitles though.

Scottinthebooth

that is insane, the details are incredible everything looks so lifelike. Im really impressed with the airport, its so cool how the planes actually take off and land. really neat.

Yeah that is awesome. Model Railroader had an article a couple years ago on it. They showed how they set up the cars to appear to be moving on their own by using magnets. At that time I don't think they had the airport built.

fantastic, can't even imagine how many man hours went into that.

i like the ufo, nice touch.

-z

thats so cool i used to have a model railway but its nothing compaired to that! oh wouldnt you just love to spend a day playing with that! hehe

regards
Steve

In the comments section under the video, it sounds like they have that covered: "There is a chained giant beneath all of this who gets out once a day and blows all over it, He is paid in klondike bars." :)

That's INSANE! I would hate to be the person who has to dust that thing, yeesh!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back