UK exhibition of original 'Aliens' props & costumes - October 2014

Harry Harris

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that I'll be exhibiting my collection of props and costumes from 'Aliens' at the National Space Centre in Leicester (UK) on the 31st October and 1st November as part of their Halloween Alien Encounter event. http://www.spacecentre.co.uk/special-events/alien-encounter-halloween

I've just been going through all of my archive and behind the scenes photos as well as I'll be playing a slide-show in the same room. There are 2224 images so far! That means that if I show each one for one second the loop will run at nearly 40 minutes! Eek!

Here's a photo of a small selection of what's in the collection. Left to right: Gorman, Bishop, Drake (with replica Smartgun), Ferro, Spunkmeyer, Hudson.

HHACA1.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this one so please come along if you can and say hi.

Harry

Can you please bring this exhibit to Calgary Canada! Perhaps to our Comic and Entertainment Expo. I don't know how to get in touch with the management of the expo, but it would be awesome to see this stuff first hand. :)

Hope your show ghoes well!

Can you please bring this exhibit to Calgary Canada! Perhaps to our Comic and Entertainment Expo. I don't know how to get in touch with the management of the expo, but it would be awesome to see this stuff first hand. :)

Hope your show ghoes well!

Thank you!

I do hope that one day I can bring the collection over to Canada and the US (to Dragon Con and SDCC) so that you guys over the pond can see it in person but the cost of doing so is definitely beyond my means I'm afraid.

Even UK event organisers are reluctant to have the collection on display as the space it takes up is potential dealer-table space that's lost, which means less money coming in on table hire charges. Events are very income driven these days and so collections like mine are very much a low priority, particularly as I'm not selling anything and therefore not contributing to the event financially.

Harry

Completely understandable, this is purely wishful thinking on my part. To transport these incredible props safely and ensure they are not damaged and even worse stolen would be a lot of work.
Thank you for sharing your collection with us over the web. I have now have a good reason to the UK

Continued Success!

Thank you!

I do hope that one day I can bring the collection over to Canada and the US (to Dragon Con and SDCC) so that you guys over the pond can see it in person but the cost of doing so is definitely beyond my means I'm afraid.

Even UK event organisers are reluctant to have the collection on display as the space it takes up is potential dealer-table space that's lost, which means less money coming in on table hire charges. Events are very income driven these days and so collections like mine are very much a low priority, particularly as I'm not selling anything and therefore not contributing to the event financially.

Harry

This is awesome. One of the best things about this hobby is sharing these artifacts with the world. I remember going to Branson MO with my parents for vacation back in 2001 and there was some movie prop/wardrobe museum and there wasn't much money left over for us to get to see it so my dad traded somebody outside tickets to a much more popular attraction for tickets to the museum and I was so impressed I got to see wardrobe from Jurassic park, Red fox's truck from s&s, the mutt cutts van from dumb and dumber among many other props and screen used items. I never dreamed that I would have items like this from my favorite films and tv shows but that trip started it all.

Can't wait for this - The NSC will always have a special place in my heart, as that's where the UKCM was born... My family wouldn't be what it is without that giant weird-looking building!
Always a pleasure to hang out with your good self, as well, Harry, and the Alien Encounter itself is always amazing!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back