UK Bio vs. Movie Stunt Bio comparison pics.....

Mr Fett

Sr Member
I took these Saturday at the MI Prop Party with 2 of yautja clones bio helmets. Besides the comparison pic Wolf Morgan took side by side, these should tell everyone the sizing differences.

We did decide the UK one would work great for female or younger Predators.

The same mask on Cutest Sandgirl.....

.....and a GREAT reference pic of how much height a movie-size helmet adds to your head:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropshipbob- Yeah the movie sized helmets are tall, as are the heads that fit them. That's kinda how the Yautja species looks, though. They have huge craniums , as well as huge feet and elongated fingers. On the plus side, it makes us costumers appear larger than we really are, and more like the characters.

Umm, looking at the DVD KPH's head doesn't look excessively big - kind of normal, it's just that hes soooo tall ( 7 foot odd?? ) so the helmet size shouldn't matter irrespective of the height should it? Anyway - heres a quick screen grab from the DVD

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not so much a mater of his headsize, but the size of the costume head... Look at the pic, his head is buried inside it...
basicly, they had to build it out to keep it in scale with his hieght, & the bulk the costume added to his body...

Wolf

Always cool to see things i never noticed before, such as I just noticed the tageting laser attached to the headpiece and not the helmet.

Wierd! lol I wonder if that's the internal electronic piece, & it just slides into the hollow shell on the helmet... Would make sense due to the wiring...

Wolf

Always cool to see things i never noticed before, such as I just noticed the tageting laser attached to the headpiece and not the helmet.

Gettin old? Actually Drew, you did know this. We talked about it a few weeks back when there was an auction for a mask with attached lasers on the side and when shots of these lasers surfaced with my posting of the SE captures...

Tim.

I was thinking the same thing, Tim. I posted that auction mask with the targeting laser. And then we all noticed Pred 1 had the same thing, after you posted the screen shots from the special edition DVD. It was actually a couple of months ago.

Andrew time for some Ginkgo Biloba .

With the size of head and foam padding around, it would be easier on them to probably have all the electronics for the targeting laser built into the head instead of the helmet.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back