Uhhh...Can someone tell me what this is??

TFrosst

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't remember seeing any threads on this or any pictures except for this one that I saw about a day ago. I know MR has the license for marvel but why would they choose to make some random spider-man mask and not something like the movie mask? Does anyone have any more info on this piece??

toyfair021011398287181xr.jpg

Okay, I'll say it.

THAT, is one Fugly mask. :confused

Let's hope it's a bad proto.

I think they are going for the comic book look as opposed to the movie. It's a good representation, imo.

Clark

Originally posted by arkangel@Mar 4 2006, 01:02 PM
I think they are going for the comic book look as opposed to the movie. It's a good representation, imo.

Clark
[snapback]1198681[/snapback]​

I agree, it's definately the comic version, which looks very nice.

for a proto, it looks nice.

if thats the finished profuct, i gotta say im pretty :(

its a basic hood mask, with plastic vacformed eyes and what looks like foamie or elastic webs on top. anyone here (including me) could make one like that.

the COSPA mask from japan looks better.

again, proto, :D, final, :(

chris

Why didn't they just make a movie spider-man mask? everything else they've shown so far from marvel has been from movie (hasn't it?) and not comic so why the change?

No more info - but a big thumbs up from me, I'd rather see this done right than a movie style mask.

+ A few other pics from toyfair 06

spidey4.jpg

spidey1.jpg

Didn't notice that the eyes were vacuformed. I like it even more now.
Larger McFarlane-esque eyes would be cool too, but it looks like they're going for the classic Spidey look.

Clark

I see nothing "classic" about this style mask.

What artist and era are you referring to?

Raised webbing, brick pattern in the red, Huge eyes...C'mon.
I hate the buldging eye, new school, Japanime look.

I don't see anything Romita Sr. in that mask. Here's a great take on the classic Spidey Look/ Loved these 1:1 busts.

That's another thing. They've already released comic-style busts. Why do this? This reminds of the new CG animation Spider-man cartoon. As Rylo noted, nothing classic about it.

This may be one of the cheapest looking licensed props I've seen. Look's like someone had an extra red stocking & some foamies :unsure. Let's hope it's just a proto, if they turn it around it can be a kool prop :thumbsup .

-Zoid

The eyes are WAY too big, and to be fair, whatever mannequin head they have it on does not do it justice- too narrow in the face. Like somebody said- it looks like Manga. Ultraman maybe, but not Spidey.

And that cheap black elastic strap material they used- INDIVIDUAL pieces.? You can see spaces between them, fer crissakes (AND the frayed ends..). God forbid somebody with a big head were to put it on..................It would look like a "connect the dots" Spidey.

If it's a PROTO, okay, but if the finished products look like this, then forget it. I can do better. For one, the webbing should be a rubberized gel type material to even come CLOSE to what it's supposed to look like. And the eyes should be about 30% smaller.

It looks like Ultimate spider man to me, and i'm not a big fan of the ultimate line :(

I would be all over it if it looked like this

spider001.jpg

Originally posted by gnrlotto@Mar 5 2006, 04:25 AM
Ultimate SM is the one where Pete's still in high school, right?
[snapback]1199028[/snapback]​

yeah but the story and characters are way diffrent. I'm not in to it at all
some of the costume changes on some of the best spidey bad guys are just horrible.
it's a sad attment at making spider man cool to todays kids, or people just now getting in to spider from the new movies.

I saw it as an attempt to bite off the popularity of Smallville (the whole teen-angsty adolescent thing), which in turn is simply Buffy replaced with Superman.

So, in conclusion:

Ultimate SM = Smallville Ripoff = Buffy Ripoff

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back