UD Replicas Tron Legacy Question

alisty

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has asked or found out what UD Replica uses on their Tron Legacy leather jacket for the white reflective part? I seems to not be a leather product but some sort of reflective material.

I did email the company but I have never got a response. My son is wanting to be Tron for Halloween and I am not wanting to put in the expense of EL tape at this time. Perhaps for version two I could do that. But for now, I want to just make the style of the jacket and pants using a reflective material.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has asked or found out what UD Replica uses on their Tron Legacy leather jacket for the white reflective part? I seems to not be a leather product but some sort of reflective material.

I did email the company but I have never got a response. My son is wanting to be Tron for Halloween and I am not wanting to put in the expense of EL tape at this time. Perhaps for version two I could do that. But for now, I want to just make the style of the jacket and pants using a reflective material.

Thanks in advance!

Our TRON LEGACY garments feature reflective details that are clear coated to protect the leather finish. We've treated the leather to be reflective...it's not an off the shelf solution, sorry.
Many have gotten great results using 3M reflective tape, maybe give that a try?

David

Our TRON LEGACY garments feature reflective details that are clear coated to protect the leather finish. We've treated the leather to be reflective...it's not an off the shelf solution, sorry.
Many have gotten great results using 3M reflective tape, maybe give that a try?

David
David, Thanks for the information. I will look into the #m reflective tape too.

So here are images of the the finished suit.

I went with this product:
- Vinyl
- Jersey mesh for the sides and to add texture.
- A cotton blend for an undergarment. That way the whole thing was dark and I didn't have to worry about skin showing through the jersey.
- Black duct tape for covering the shoes and for some other detail work.
- a block of styro-foam for the back plate that holds the disc in place.
- magnets for the disc
- The disc (purchased on amazon)
- Black gloves from a hobby store
- Old tennis shoes covered in the black duct tape
- The glow tape listed below

BRADY Tape, Glow In Dark, 2 In, Solid
Glow In Dark Tape, Pattern Solid, Length 5 Yards, Width 2 Inches,
White Phosphorescent Solid Marking
Grainger Item # 3TN49
Price (ea.) $53.00

I got it a Grainger and it was more than I really wanted to pay but it has a 10 glow time. So it really fit the bill.

I spent two days sewing everything up and it was a very long two days. But I'm fairly pleased with the results. I know it would have been a lot better if I would have had the time to do it all right. But since I only had a week before Halloween, I think it came out okay.

My son loves it and it glows really bright for hours.

The best part was that he shows white in bright light so even if it isn't lighting, it shows real well. Plus I don't have to worry about connections breaking. I ran into that a lot with his iron man costume and his whiplash one last year.

Anyway, I wouldn't have been able to do this without the idea's I got from this forum. In fact, I was able to avoid a couple of ideas I was think of before I started so that was huge.

Enjoy.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back