U-Wing Revell

Constantine

Hey Guys,
Here is my finished Revell U-Wing model. I took some liberties with it. I really didn't like how it looked with the wings in the open position they just looked too ridiculously long and narrow. So I glued them in the shut position and cut off about an inch. I made new guns from aluminium tubing. I added a few greebles and those all important little squares of styrene that make space travel possible. I primed and painted it my own scheme with Tamiya paints and weathered it. And i did an oil wash.

Thanks for looking.

Hey Guys,
Here is my finished Revell U-Wing model. I took some liberties with it. I really didn't like how it looked with the wings in the open position they just looked too ridiculously long and narrow. So I glued them in the shut position and cut off about an inch. I made new guns from aluminium tubing. I added a few greebles and those all important little squares of styrene that make space travel possible. I primed and painted it my own scheme with Tamiya paints and weathered it. And i did an oil wash.

Thanks for looking.

Darn Dropbox wants me to log in...

I gotta say, I like your idea about shortening the wings. In many ways, it's a more balanced design. The good news is that one can simply call it a variant and it would fit right into the GFFA.

Nice work. Love the U-wing in general.

You could always upload the images here, if you would like.

Sorry about the sign in problem I'll check my settings and or figure out how to post the pics on the forum I have never done that before.

Is this working? Posted images.
DEC2019UW 392.jpg
DEC2019UW 393.jpg
DEC2019UW 398.jpg
DEC2019UW 406.jpg
DEC2019UW 408.jpeg

In line pics are much better, and again excellent work

Thanks easier then I thought to post pics. It would be nice to see 1/48 scale of the U Wing.

Al Wong had one available, but it is out of production.

If you don't mind modifying a toy, the Hasbro U-Wing is close to 1/48. I think it comes out around 1/53 using the Bandai 1/144 as measurements

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back