Two New Thor Mjölnir Replica Hammers

rocket20

One from Cattoys, and the other from King Arts.

Anyone pondering either one of these? If so, which one and why?

The Cattoys has a metal head, but the handle is painted and the strap is leather (much like the Lager Toys). The King Arts' head is alloy or diecast, but the handle is leather as well as the strap

$_12.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

Are you specifically looking for a licensed piece? If not, go with Pannaus Props. Cold cast aluminum, real leather. Supporting one of our own.

He's a member here. Pannaus Props

Here's mine just after assembling, without final polishing or weathering

20140605_232603_zpsa5bo776d.jpg

And the shine I was able to achieve

20150525_032321_zps9yvndbec.jpg

Attachments

• 20140605_232603_zpsa5bo776d.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 266
    107.3 KB · Views: 291
    107.3 KB · Views: 268
    107.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 20150525_032321_zps9yvndbec.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 271
    124.3 KB · Views: 288
    124.3 KB · Views: 288
    124.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what the encap on the cattoys mjolnir is made from?

The entire Hammer, head and handle is made of zinc alloy, I got one recently and it is very nicely crafted and ships in a well padded wooden box. It is quite heavy and "remarkably well balanced". I also have the Museum Replicas hammer and this one is nicer. Go for it!

Hi, You can pick up the Cattoys hammer for about $260 shipped I have no idea how much the King Arts hammer is but it is probably twice that and if you have any problems with it no one at King Arts will reply to your emails, had this problem with my Loki scepter which arrived with damage to the gem and their response was ship it back to Hong Kong and they will re-glue it back on, yes I'm going to do that alright!!

I'm all for supporting the "local artist" and I'm sure the quality would be good, but what if I ever decided to resell? Do these keep their value like say a Museum Replicas or Efx does?

Why are these not on ebay?

A. Fulvio/Pannaus Props doesn't sell on ebay
B. These aren't mass produced, so it's not like there's hundreds or thousands out there.

After comparing.....I think Pannaus's version blows the Cattoys version out of the water...Superior product...Beautiful work..The finished version is amazing....Of course that's only my opinion..Plus ...You buy something because you love it, not for what it may be worth later....at least that's how I see it....

Last edited:
After comparing.....I think Pannaus's version blows the Cattoys version out of the water...Superior product...Beautiful work..The finished version is amazing....Of course that's only my opinion..Plus ...You buy something because you love it, not for what it may be worth later....at least that's how I see it....

I gave my opinion based on the fact that I have both the Museum Replicas version and the Cattoys version and the fact that I am very particular about the quality of what I put in my collection. I am sure the Pannaus's version is excellent and fully support the work of artists on the RPF, but I only have the photos here to compare against the actual hammer I have. I don't see how it is possible to make such a catagoric distinction based purely on photographs, but by all means go with your heart after all that is what loving something is all about ;).

Last edited:
I gave my opinion based on the fact that I have both the Museum Replicas version and the Cattoys version and the fact that I am very particular about the quality of what I put in my collection. I am sure the Pannaus's version is excellent and fully support the work of artists on the RPF, but I only have the photos here to compare against the actual hammer I have. I don't see how it is possible to make such a catagoric distinction based purely on photographs, but by all means go with your heart after all that is what loving something is all about ;).

Do you have the efx version? I'm wondering how the cattoys compares with it? I'm thinking it's probably about the same as the lager toys, only with a metal head.

Is that about right?

Do you have the efx version? I'm wondering how the cattoys compares with it? I'm thinking it's probably about the same as the lager toys, only with a metal head.

Is that about right?

Hi, I don't have the EFX hammer as to be honest I wanted a metal one rather than a resin hammer. That is why I initially bought the Museum Replicas hammer. I have also not seen the Lager Toys one in person so cannot comment on that but I can confirm that the Cattoys Hammer has a metal head and metal handle, in fact the only part that is not metal is the leather strap. I know that some have mentioned that the handle is just painted but it would be quite easy to make a small template for the leather parts and then just cut them out of a piece of soft leather and glue them to the handle. I will probably do this. I am not trying to advocate one version of hammer over another as without seeing them all together in person it is really difficult to judge, all I am saying is I am a bit of a perfectionist and I took a chance with the Cattoys version and was very happy with what I received. I hope this helps.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back