tusky guantlet sculpt

panik33

hey guys if got the basic shape of the tracker gauntlet taken from all the hot toys photos i could find

im thinking of putting some lumps and bumps on it like the figure but the actual suit is smooth

well here it is
100_0989.jpg

100_0990.jpg

100_0992.jpg

100_0994.jpg

100_0993.jpg

im gonna need some advice on how to cast this i have no idear what to do
and i wanna do it as cheap as possible i dont want to sell these because its not any good and i doubt anyone would buy it hehe
so a cheap mould that will give me one will be enough

thanks guys

ron
PANIK33

nice! that is NSP Chavant, right? if so, before you add bumps and stuff i would get some white spirits and a paper towel and smooth it out a little more.

I'm loving seeing all these sculpts going on, a great time to be a part of the lair.

Xdmray, question: Does one dilute the Mineral Spirits?

EDIT: Panik33, what are the dimensions of the forearm your using? I'm going to be starting both Falconer gauntlets soon and this part always has me wondering. I want to make it one piece, but it seems that to make it bigger to fit past the hand, it will be too loose on the wrist. Just curious as to how your going about it.

thanks guys great help

xdmray i will do that mate thanks

munson im using a mannequin wrist that is the same size as my wrist
this is the 1st time ive done this so i have no idea what to do i pretty much winged it and i hope it will come out alright

and thanks darth pinhead i have that pic already

i dont dilute the spirits, just cover the top of the bottle with the paper towel turn it upside down to get the towel wet and the rub the sculpt. reapply as needed.

i prefer white spirits/ mineral spirits to alchohol or lighter fluid. less smell.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back