Turning T3 Arnie into T1

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
I want to turn the T3 Arnie laser scan bust I got from acid burn (huge thanks once again!):

393226_10150995856390657_702910656_22031992_1437314205_n.jpg

Into the first Terminator with the endo eye exposed:
terminator-eye-surgery-arnold-schwarznegger1.jpg

I started by drilling out the eye:
Img_0044.jpg

I then added the eye socket with Apoxie:
Img_0067.jpg

I drilled out a hole in the back (for the LED later on) and then sculpted the eye with Apoxie again:
Img_0158.jpg

Img_0159.jpg

Img_0166.jpg

I'm contemplating filling in Arnie's sunken cheeks and temples since the laser scan was done during T3 and he's showing his age. I recall godaiking doing the same thing, but I don't plan on recasting these and making copies. ;)

Next up: adding the 4 metal balls that hold the eyes in.

Last edited:
Looking good so far. The only problem you may encounter as did godking on his first version is as much as the filling will make him look younger, the mouth will slightly throw it off!
When Joe did mine, he managed to somehow move the mouth approx 1 inch upwards which really made a difference.
Looking forward to seeing this progress. Good work :)

No updates yet...I still have no idea how the light got here so quickly! What I will probably end up doing is cutting the red lens out and inserting it into the eye and then running a super bright LED behind it. That way I don't have to worry about the bulb burning out since LED's have a much longer lifespan.

I'm going to be busy painting up a few things in the next few months:

Img_0282.jpg

Very nice progress. You should get rid of the grilled lens with a plain one and tone down the light a bit, as they were never that strong that you could see any white when they were on - just basically a soft red dot.

The cheeks still look a bit too sunken in to me, making him look old.

I'm happy with how the cheeks look...just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit so I can airbrush in the garage.

I know what you're saying about the eye being a more subtle and softer red...but I want this one to freak people out when they see it. Authentic would be softer and dim, but I want to go a bit overboard and make this as bright and red as I can.

I also wanted to put the four ball bearings on the endo-eye, but there isn't enough room in the socket. :(

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back