Turning our house into the Haunted Mansion (updated - Madame Leota Tombstone)

TheImagineEars

I recently created a new blog. I . It features the creations of my daughter and I. She wants to be an Disney imagineer and I am using the blog to share our creations, encourage her to follow her dreams, and teach her how the internet works. Nothing is for sale it is just a showcase and place for instructions.

https://imagineears.blog/

Our current project involves turning our house into the Haunted Mansion from Disney World. We have posted lots of little things but we just unveiled our full sized Monster Clock that was made for $40. We have tons of instructions and WIP pics on the site but I thought the RPF would enjoy seeing it.

hm-bannerimage.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Turning our house into the Haunted Mansion

This is amazingly cool! You did a fantatic job.

It sounds like you will be a perfect fit for the RPF! You have what it takes...enthusiasum and talent!

Can't wait to check it out. Hoping to see your guys' take on Madam Leota, perhaps the Grim Grinning Ghost singing busts? Hurry Back!!!!

6859863050_2fff10133c_b.jpg

Thanks everyone. I have posted a blog with some of the simple little things like the pictures and such. I have about 6 features still left to do/post. They range from sculptures to pieces with efx. I plan on shooting a video with all them fully up and going at night and lit up for the party.

I love Mansion stuff. Great to see you two working together. I can't get my kids to get up from the computer screen.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I just want to make great memories, encourage her to follow her dreams, and spend as much time with her while she still wants to spend time with me.

As I reveal more parts of the mansion should I post them in this thread or in a new thread, what do the RPF readers prefer?

Thanks

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I just want to make great memories, encourage her to follow her dreams, and spend as much time with her while she still wants to spend time with me.

As I reveal more parts of the mansion should I post them in this thread or in a new thread, what do the RPF readers prefer?

Thanks

Since it's all the same theme, I would leave it one thread.

Very cool! I have made replicas of most of the tombstones with Leota being the exception. I haven't been able to tackle the face and you make it look simple. Well done.

-Eric

Thanks HD, I thought about sculpting it from scratch to be exact, but with the blog I am trying to do things on a budget and in a way that the average crafty person could accomplish them.

Thanks HD, I thought about sculpting it from scratch to be exact, but with the blog I am trying to do things on a budget and in a way that the average crafty person could accomplish them.

I checked out your blog for my next Halloween theme. Thank you for all the great ideas! The green door looks awesome! I used to be a cast member during the 40th Celebration at Disneyland and got to walk through the Haunted Mansion without the doom buggies. It's much scarier actually with the lights on and you feel the creepiness and cold air of the old mansion. Your work has reminded me of all those details.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back