Trouble with acrylic paint

sparkycombs

Please keep in mind I am learning to be a modeler and would not even consider myself to be an novice at best. I have not put a model together in over twenty years and have recently decided to work on a couple projects involving standard plastic models that you would buy in a hobby store. I bought some Tamiya acrylic paint for the model and have been having a lot of difficulties. I can not get the paint to stay on the plastic. When I do and it dries, it peels off if I paint over it. I have also used Testors Enamel paint and it has worked perfectly. I also washed the plastic and primed it with Rustoleum Plastic Primer. So were am I screwing up. I doubt that its the paint and that its the model.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Priming is the key, I think. I use Plastikote grey sandable primer, which is lacquer-based I believe. Two light costs and acrylic paint should stick fine. Since you are using Tamiya paint, you might want to try Tamiya primer. Good luck!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back