Unlimited Run Tron: Legacy Black Guard helmet

Crimson490

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Greetings Programs!

I'm excited to be able to offer a 3rd Tron helmet now: Black Guard! - either fully finished or raw cast w/ or w/o the extras.
You can read more about how it was sculpted here.

Here are the options (shipping is extra - pm me your zip code / postal code for actual costs):
- Raw Cast: $170
- Light kit: +$40
- Detail kit: +$10
-
Breather Tube kit: +$50

OR

- Fully finished (includes lights and details, no breather tube): $320
- Breather tube assembled: +$50

The Helmet
is a 1-piece clear and tinted urethane cast. It is wearable, meaning you can see out of it. Because it's tinted, it's like wearing sunglasses. This makes it more difficult to see at night, but possible. It also makes it difficult for others to see you inside. Because this is slush-cast, visibility is distorted, but not foggy or hazy. The opening in the bottom is oval, and is roughly 7in. (17.8cm) wide x 9in. (22.8cm) deep. It slips over my head with little problem (ears rub a little), and my head measures a circumference of 23in. (58.4cm).

The Light kit includes two 5ft long EL-wires (one 2.5mm, one 5mm), Y-splitter, 3-foot extension wire (if you want to place the battery pack in your shirt or pants pocket), inverter/driver, and a 12v battery cage (for holding 8 AA batteries).

You can choose between several different colors for the lighting. Here's a list of what's available:
Aqua (looks white when off)
Blue
Pink
Purple
Lime Green
Teal Green
Yellow
White
(looks pale pink when off)
Orange
Red
(as seen in pics below. Looks more of a red/orange like the black guard color in the movie)

The Detail kit includes center chrome piece, and three rub-on decals (for the two respirators, and circle/arrow decal below right respirator). **NOTE: the circle/arrow decal will be included but not assembled if you are buying a finished helmet.**

The Breather Tube kit includes (16) small cast plastic segments, (1) large cast plastic 'port', inner rubber tubing, and (1) round Velcro patch (both hook and loop sides). **NOTE: this kit is assembled and glued to the helmet if you are buying a finished helmet with breather tube.**

I do not include foam padding, as everyone's head is sized differently.

And last but not least, this helmet is not for road-use!!! It's not protective AT ALL, and is intended for cosplay or display.

Attachments

• Black Guard - breather tube 1.jpg
    Black Guard - breather tube 1.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 1,069
  • Black Guard - 06.jpg
    Black Guard - 06.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 1,419
  • Black Guard - 05.jpg
    Black Guard - 05.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 1,258
  • Black Guard - 07.jpg
    Black Guard - 07.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 1,284
  • Black Guard - 04.jpg
    Black Guard - 04.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 1,830
Last edited:
Thanks, Hollywood!
I do not carry anything 'in stock'. Everything I make is based on orders I receive. It typically takes me about a week per order. So, if I have 4 people on a wait list ahead of you, you can expect roughly a 4-week wait time before I'm ready to take your order. Sometimes it's shorter than that, especially if people back out. Btw, I don't require payment until your helmet is cast.

Hope that helps!

If you like CLU, you're gonna love this one! =)

btw, I edited the description: I can't reliably do the small circle/arrow decal down at the bottom. I'm having trouble getting it to stick, and because it goes on a matte surface, I can't give it a protective clear coat like I can with the larger respirator decals.

If you like CLU, you're gonna love this one! =)

btw, I edited the description: I can't reliably do the small circle/arrow decal down at the bottom. I'm having trouble getting it to stick, and because it goes on a matte surface, I can't give it a protective clear coat like I can with the larger respirator decals.
Could you include the small circle/arrow decal as unattached, and leave it to the buyer to figure out the best way to get it to stick? I totally understand that it doesn't fit the description of "Fully finished", but since you are still posting pics of the helmet with the decal, you might as well just throw it in the package with "the disclaimer", Just thinking...

AGH! Don't make a Rinzler helmet!

You're Clu was awesome, and I am anticipating the Black Guard helmet on the way will be equally awesome. It's 4 years since the movie came out (and total silence on any sequel talk), so I'll have one HELL of a time convincing my wife to buy even more Tron stuff. So please don't make a Rinzler helmet. That time has passed (or so I keep trying to tell myself).

I will be adding this to my collection by the end of Dec, The CLU helmet was well worth the wait and a great prize for any Tron collector. I couldn't have been happier with Crimson490's work. :)

Crimson490; if the decals don't adhere well to the matte surface, maybe you can make a negative stencil rather than a decal so the symbol can be painted on?

Received mine. AWESOME!!!!!!! Thank you too much for that beauty, one of the best helmet I have in my collection! Can't wait to go for a CLU helmet now!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back