TRON 3 ?!

The oft repeated "rule of thumb" is to make double the production budget to expect more.
Which it did, but it made more along the lines of a third or fourth sequel to some established franchise, rather than a major new blockbuster which
sounds like what they were banking on.

My version of TR3N goes as follows: Sam reveals where his father resides, Dillinger steals the computer and revamps Flynn... at a cost. Dillinger wants the company, Flynn has no say in the fate of ENCOM, but finds a way for Dillinger to help him escape the Grid.

Once Flynn is out, he looks for Sam and Quorra, who are building a real world/ digital hybrid city, which has renewable energy for the planet. She was inspired by the sun and they are changing the world. Flynn arrives at the city, he is injured, sparking as if he's a program. CLU emerges from within Flynn. Dillinger found a way to revive his coding.

CLU escapes and meets Dillinger. CLU promises the company to Dillinger, if he can have the Flynns. Sam arrives to Alan and a new Tron, formerly Rinzler. Sam attacks them with a disc, just then, Sam arrives and says CLU has created a digital copy of him, and bleeds to prove he is the true Sam. They also find out there are 2 Dillingers on CLU's side, and a war is near.

Tron, Alan, Flynn, Sam and Quorra are against CLU, digital Sam, and both versions of Dillinger. A world wide battle takes place, real and digital realms are being torn apart and merged together...

***ENDS WITH CLIFFHANGER***

Please, God. Let this be true. I love these films! Have been holding out hope for another one for so long.

I want to believe. But since Bruce has stated he won't be coming back due to how Disney has treated the TRON fans, it'd be pretty much pointless.
Money talks. If this does indeed get off the ground, I bet he'll be back.

I want to believe. But since Bruce has stated he won't be coming back due to how Disney has treated the TRON fans, it'd be pretty much pointless.

I like Bruce and I think he's generally a person of integrity (based on what little I know of him), but I kiiiiiiiiinda think that Disney could make it all better by backing up an 18-wheeler full of money to his house. :)

Please, God. Let this be true. I love these films! Have been holding out hope for another one for so long.

Money talks. If this does indeed get off the ground, I bet he'll be back.
Same - well, I really liked Tron:Legacy and I used to love the original Tron. Went back and watched that recently (with Disney+) and it didn't hold up as well as I remembered it. If they can take the story forward from where they left off with Legacy and see how Quorra (the last ISO) now integrates into the real world and possibly bridges the two worlds, I would think the possibilities are there for a cool story.

Personally, I'd rather they just forget Legacy and go back to the look of the original. To this day, that movie still looks unique. Legacy just looks like mishmash of Blade Runner, Matrix, etc. There's just nothing special about the look of it anymore.

If anyone hasn't seen it, TRON: UPRISING is a fantastic addition to the franchise. Top voice actors, some background as to what led up to LEGACY, & a very AEON FLUX aesthetic.

It only ran 2 seasons, but it never came out on any home release, so when Disney+ debuted, I was super stoked that it was on there. Loved Bruce really fleshing out the Tron character.

Personally, I'd rather they just forget Legacy and go back to the look of the original. To this day, that movie still looks unique. Legacy just looks like mishmash of Blade Runner, Matrix, etc. There's just nothing special about the look of it anymore.

So, basically, what they did with T:L disregarding TRON 2.0, which was originally accepted as a true sequel by Steven Lisberger.

TRON: Uprising was a solid prequel to TRON: Legacy. However, it gives NO insight into how TRON became Rinzler (even though it LOOKS like it is going there, in the end it doesn't). It was available for purchase on iTunes (and may still be).

I thought it was apparent enough in Legacy that CLU corrupted TRON's file after he told Flynn to run while he held off the rebels. RINZLER was an overwritten "personality" that used all of TRON's underlying abilities -- just suborned to CLU's Initiative.

Also, I hope everyone's watched the "The Next Day" short/teaser that was put on the Legacy BluRay. It's also on YouTube. It fills in more of the span between Tron and Legacy. And, for what it's worth, I don't see a problem with including Tron 2.0 -- that would've happened while Flynn was still doing this stuff at ENCOM, before he moved the project to the basement of his arcade and created the new version of the Grid we saw in Legacy's flashbacks.

I thought it was apparent enough in Legacy that CLU corrupted TRON's file after he told Flynn to run while he held off the rebels. RINZLER was an overwritten "personality" that used all of TRON's underlying abilities -- just suborned to CLU's Initiative.

Also, I hope everyone's watched the "The Next Day" short/teaser that was put on the Legacy BluRay. It's also on YouTube. It fills in more of the span between Tron and Legacy. And, for what it's worth, I don't see a problem with including Tron 2.0 -- that would've happened while Flynn was still doing this stuff at ENCOM, before he moved the project to the basement of his arcade and created the new version of the Grid we saw in Legacy's flashbacks.

Except TRON 2.0 has some details that can't be canon to T:L. For example, Laura (Yori's user) is said to be dead, killed from experimenting with the digitizations process post film, hinting that Ma3a is composed of the digital fragments of Laura that survived (which explains why Ma3a has the same voice as her). Laura is alive and well, as established with the Flynn Lives ARG, having appeared with Alan at the San Francisco Press Conference.

But honestly, I'd like to see them pull more elements from the TRON 2.0 game since it seems like they borrowed quite a few for the film and the followup shorts for the Blu-Ray. Seriously, I think Jet could be the Han Solo to Sam's Luke Skywalker. And having Ma3a involved in the next story (maybe have Ma3a be an updated Yori, as Sam may have had Laura start digitizations experiments again in hopes of restoring digital fragments of Flynn himself) would be great as well. In fact, since they hinted in the followup shorts that something similar to TRON 2.0's hostile takeover, they could very well use more of TRON 2.0 for the story (and have poor old Jet trying to save his family and Yori (Ma3a) from Dillinger inside the computer system while Sam and Quorra try to do the same on the outside while trying to stay ahead of the invading company's security forces.

T:L and Tomorrowland both simply IMO suffered from unpolished scripts. The characters weren't strong enough, the stakes not high enough or not relatable. They both felt distant. I liked the future cool of T:L but had a hard time to accept the realism. Tomorrowlnd had warmth visually, but that is about it what I remember about the movie.

I love both fictional worlds but would like to see more of the Grid.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back