Unlimited Run TridCloudwalker's Anakin AotC Lightsaber Run! NOW SHIPPING

Re: TridCloudwalker's Anakin AotC Lightsaber Run!

That video is awesome. Very cool to see it in action.

I feel bad, though, that all the metal had to be wasted to make a little silver top for the piece. Hopefully all the shavings can be recycled into more material in the future.

Very cool!!

The bulb release was corrected, and now all of them are finished:

20121217_144944_zps41707f11.jpg

20121217_144932_zps06d9ed40.jpg

20121217_145008_zps56af95ff.jpg

20121217_144828_zps999964cd.jpg

20121217_144828_zps999964cd.jpg

The FINAL piece is being worked on now. The cut to hell hollow core. He only just programmed the first pass for material removal, so there is still far more metal on there than there will be when it's finished. However, you can at least see how it's coming along, and kind of what it will look like inside.
20130102_133443_zps1343b42d.jpg

20130102_133431_zps4c9a2b1e.jpg

20130102_133535_zps1c2958ac.jpg

20130102_133619_zpsfbd070c9.jpg

20130102_134140_zpsf0d785e7.jpg

20130102_134506_zpse08da51a.jpg

When everything is attached, looks dimensionally accurate to the Hero prop, but will still house your electronics with some cram-fu skills.
20130102_134521_zps9c7be1c0.jpg

20130102_133557_zps1c16d4b7.jpg

I'm waiting for the wire loops to get made by a different shop. Those buggers went up in price. When he first quoted me when this run began (back at the dawn of time), they were only $1.17 a piece. Now he wants $4.75 for each loop. Grrrr. Machinist needs a couple more weeks on the cut to hell hollow cores. Each one takes forever to mill. The wire loops SHOULD be done before then. When those are ready, I will start accepting payments.

I am putting my position in the list up for sale (i no longer have the desire to collect sabers anymore). Please contact me via IM if you are interested. First interested message will get my spot.

Shouldn't it go to the next in line on the wait list?

I've always suggested people needing to back out to contact those on the wait list first, but they paid for that spot, so technically it's their's to do with as they please.

In other news, I was just put in contact with a professional local machinist who just bought he own machines (pretty much the same setup as my current one) to do private work. Will be sending him the blueprints for the next saber and getting a price quote. If he's cheaper or equal (more or less), I may switch to him, since my current machinist can't keep a schedule. If that doesn't pan out, I'm going to look into signing a different contract with the current machinist with a time clause, where he will have to discount $x for every week or month he goes over schedule. Should help him prioritize. :angry

And in other other news, should have a very nice update very soon.

Ah okay. I always understood a wait list was just that, after the first come first serves. I understand the reasoning, and obviously would have done me better to buy into the wait list as I am further down...but my question never even got answered before I could even act without seeming like I was being an jerk, so....

Still hoping for lots extra!

And hope it works out with your machinist and look forward to see what your next project is!

Sabers will be completely done machining tomorrow afternoon!!!

Stay tuned for photos and payment info. I'll begin taking payments in the next couple days, and shipping will begin shortly thereafter.

The wire loops are finished, but haven't been delivered to the shop yet. Also waiting on delivery of all the LEDs and Bezels. Once those are in, shipping will begin immediately. I'll have shipping costs posted later tonight or tomorrow, along with payment instructions.

We're finally a nose away from the finish line!

:sigh: yeah. The clearance holes for the knobs were off by 10,000s of an inch and all needed to be redrilled with a slightly larger bit. He's almost done. I have a complete saber here right now. I'll be polishing and assembling it tomorrow and snapping pics for everyone.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back