Trevor Belmont - Castlevania WIPish

FPLeatherCo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Was struggling to get this together for the Renaissance Festival but I still need to make and finish some components if/when I break it out at a convention.

Here's the subject - Trevor Belmont from the Netflix Castlevania show. As with most of my builds I'm trying to use and many authentic materials as possible and make everything as fully functional as I can. I'm using leather, wood, and I guess fabric for my materials.

latest-3.png
latest.png

xdpudvkslo5m9yo3wymn.jpg

Here's a rundown if the main pieces I made from leather and wood. I'm not going to go into detail on the clothes but the red waist wrap is made from scratch out of linen fabric. The shirt, tunic, and pants are items I found and modified. Boots are old Soviet surplus military.

The Throwing Knives and Sheaths

IMG_0068.jpg

I made some wooden knives and then wet-molded some leather around them to get a nice tight fit. First, I had to sew on the belt loop and sew the two sides together. Then dunk in some water and mold around the knives. Then dyed and finish. Lots of work for four of them but worth it.

The Vambraces

IMG_0069.jpg
IMG_0070.jpg

Made from vegetable tanned leather and fully lined with some faux fur I found at Joann. Straps use button studs to close. My favorite method because you don't need any help putting them on and they are super easy to take off. All hand-sewn together.

Sword, Scabbard and Frog

IMG_3390.jpg
IMG_0061.jpg
IMG_0073.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg
IMG_0079.jpg

Sword and scabbard are made from poplar and plywood with some epoxy wood putty for accents. Still working on the sword. I'm putting a leather grip on and it's currently wrapped with twine while it dries. I usually leave the blade bare wood so it's easy to bring around without people mistaking it for real metal.

Frog is just leather that I sewed together and stamped a few borders/designs on. At first I couldn't figure out how to attach the scabbard to the belt but it turned out this simple frog worked very well.

Belt, Whip Holder and Pouches

IMG_0074.jpg
IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg
IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Nice thick piece of leather for the main belt. Made the whip holder double wrap for extra security. Also added an extra buckle in the front to keep the belt nice and tight.

Shoulder Guard and Harness

IMG_0062.jpg
IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg
IMG_0065.jpg

Lot of work went into this part. Main body is 6oz leather dyed brown. I cared the designs in and then painted them with acrylic gold paint. Added some padding and lining under the shoulders. Tried real hard to figure out how to get the straps set up to look like the show and still work practically for putting on/taking off.

Still need to make the spats for the boots, finish the sword, and I'd also like to dye the tunic off-white to match the shirt. Maybe add some weathering to the whole thing. Get a wig for cons. Overall I'm super pleased with how everything came together after much struggling and frustration on the build but I guess that's always how it goes. Here are some pics of it all together at Maryland Renn.

IMG_0044.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0058.JPG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back