Trek "Ships of the Line" vfx reel

Great stuff. I love the USS Planck at 1:46 (the Reliant style ship) and Probert's vertically oriented Romulan cruiser at 2:10. But really, it's all good.

I like the very first ship in the space dock that has the nacelle pylons hooked to the saucer with what looks like the impulse engines (yes i am a nerd for spaceships).

I believe that is supposed to be the NX-01 Enterprise after she had been refit with a secondary hull.

I love this reel, but the "Enterprise J" (at 1:08) looks ridiculous: like a vinyl record with engines. I know it's how it looked in the ST: Enterprise episode; I just hate the design.

Kevin

I didn't recognize half the ships in there. I never even seen one of the calenders before I saw this thread. The ship at 1:28 that looks like a flying wing is a neat shape. I like the NX-01 with the secondary hull, was that ever in the show?

Last edited:
I believe that is supposed to be the NX-01 Enterprise after she had been refit with a secondary hull.

I love this reel, but the "Enterprise J" (at 1:08) looks ridiculous: like a vinyl record with engines. I know it's how it looked in the ST: Enterprise episode; I just hate the design.
Kevin

I didnt at first either, until I realized that the Ent-J is massive in size. It's flat looking saucer section if I were to hazard a guess, would be 3-4 Ent-D's across. At least that's how I see it. Remember, it was leading the fight in the future against the Invading Aliens that created the whole Xindi conflict and The Expanse.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back