Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

I love the 86 Transformers animated movie so much...i know that it's controversial to many Transformers fans because of the death of Optimus Prime but since that time i've wanted to see a complete G1 style transformers movie where the characters look completely identical to their animated counterparts but CGI' obviously. I should be able to see their face and form and immediately identify them. In this trailer Arcee looks pretty good and so does Prime. I want the vehicle modes to be exactly that of what i saw in the 80s...I'm sorry but Bumblebees face has sucked in every movie since...if they can get Arcee right(First time on the big screen) they can do his right as well. Yes, give him his voice back...we get it already. Oh, can we get Spike and Sparkplug, Daniel, Carly and Chip? Why in 4 decades is it so hard to put these characters into movies..heck, Stranger Things brought us back to the 80s in a huge way, let's get an 80s style Transformers movie with Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. I would love to see Megatron transform into his Walther P-38 and magically get smaller so that Starscream can use him to start firing away. He's not a tank, he's not a jet, he's a Walther P-38 with a bushnell phantom scope (Man from UNCLE style) Period. Thank you. Rant complete. lol

I was done playing with Transformers well before the Beast Wars stuff. It looks cool, and I can't explain why, but I always thought those animal versions were dumb. I have no clue why because Gen 1 had the Dinobots, Insecticons, etc. I will definitely watch it though.
Yeah, I never got into Beast Wars. I didn't care for 3d animation at the time not to mention I was still hungry for more G1 stories. It's funny, I thought they looked dumb too. I think it's because they looked too much like their counterpart animals complete with flesh and hair whereas the Dinobots looked like robotic dinosaurs rather than actual dinosaurs. If they had gone with a look similar to that of say, the Voltron lions, I might've been more into it. I like how they look in this movie(y).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the Beast Wars toys being very rudimentary which I didn't like either. When you transformed them into robots, the animal "parts" were very noticeable.

reduced-image_14669_106.jpg

Last edited:
I love the 86 Transformers animated movie so much...i know that it's controversial to many Transformers fans because of the death of Optimus Prime but since that time i've wanted to see a complete G1 style transformers movie where the characters look completely identical to their animated counterparts but CGI' obviously. I should be able to see their face and form and immediately identify them. In this trailer Arcee looks pretty good and so does Prime. I want the vehicle modes to be exactly that of what i saw in the 80s...I'm sorry but Bumblebees face has sucked in every movie since...if they can get Arcee right(First time on the big screen) they can do his right as well. Yes, give him his voice back...we get it already. Oh, can we get Spike and Sparkplug, Daniel, Carly and Chip? Why in 4 decades is it so hard to put these characters into movies..heck, Stranger Things brought us back to the 80s in a huge way, let's get an 80s style Transformers movie with Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. I would love to see Megatron transform into his Walther P-38 and magically get smaller so that Starscream can use him to start firing away. He's not a tank, he's not a jet, he's a Walther P-38 with a bushnell phantom scope (Man from UNCLE style) Period. Thank you. Rant complete. lol

Wow! The going for broke, swing for he fences nostalgia grab bag!

To see Megatron shrink down into a handheld gun would be UH-MAY-ZING!

Megatron being a tank, being a jet, seriously, just let Overlord do those, he is BETTER at it.

Megatron shrinking still would beat Eric Bana's HUlk adding mass

I hope they do Arcee some justice, vs the Elitas that died wayyyy too easily

Not a big fan of Daniel, yeah, helped them connect with kids, but annoying. As long as he doesn't get everyone else in danger, I would prefer that to a kid-who-knows-everything
If they bring back Turturro, "one man..." from he Bay films I would love it, just keep his pants ON!!!

It's going to suck, I'm going to hate myself for watching it, but it's got Cheetor so... I just have to.

I would so love to see you post, "Best Transformers Movie EVER!!!"

and without a, "and that isn't saying much,"caveat.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back