Total Recall props. Who can make these?

Yes, I did the flyer a while back. I will try and dig it up.

thomas;)

PS I might be up for a cast of the Holo transmitter.

t;)

Any size specs on the bug? I was thinking about throwing some alum. stock on my lathe and turning one. Looks pretty simple.

EDIT: I went ahead and turned this out of plastic stock, kind of a prototype so to speak. :lol

TotalRecallBug.jpg

TotalRecallBug2.jpg

I'll paint it silver and slap a green l.e.d. on it tomorrow to see how it looks but I see a few errors with it all ready.

Last edited:
Ah ok, I see several errors on mine now for sure. It's undersized, and the top needs to be taller and rounder.

Thanks for the pics. :cool

The Claridge hi tech pistol is really nice.

It looks much futuristic.
First time i saw it on "Total Recal", later on "Planet of The Apes" and before a year on "Baywatch" i think.

Before 3 months, i found a piece of a pipe, that seems to be perfect to build one.

But i wasn't able to find the manual of the gun or any templates, so i cant calculate much of the parts.

If anyone has measurements, manuals, blueprints or templates, please let me know!

I will made a detailed tutorial when i will build the prop!

I own the gun itself. When I get back to the states just let me know what you need.

I heaved some free time, and i made this:

I made it using a photo from wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GONCZ_High-Tech_GA-9

There are also great reference pictures about the parts of the gun and the insides, so i will try to make a working arming faction. (It will be a good practice too for the E-11 i am going to build ;) )

Without dimensions data, i will have to calculate from the barrel length, but i think that the overall length of the pistol is between 24 - 27 cms.

When they used it on the Planet of the Apes, it had some added pieces, I have a casting somewhere.Kev

DrStranglove, thank you!

You are very lucky to have this gun!

Well, i need its overall length of the gun, and the diameter and length of the upper receiver.(the "pipe" where the front sight is mounted) Also, the diameter of the barrel will be helpful.

If you can upload any further info, i think it will be helpful for many Prop Makers.

As for kits, wait to see the final piece, and then we will talk about it. I don't think that it will be good for kits, and i have never made any molds or used resin...

So, it heaved added pieces on the "Planet of The Apes". Interesting. I thought that i was only repainted...

Any photos???

I found the flyer file, if anyone wants it, pm me with your email address and I will get it out to you. I would post here, but it might offend someone as it is a bit lewd.

thomas;)

Hmm... Interesting...

I had never notice that it had a fingerprint scanner...

It may looks like is making the grip uncomfortable, nut i bet the grip is not too large, and this will not be any problem.

Not to mention that it makes the gun looks futuristic!

Thanks for the info !

Yeah, looks like there were a couple of attempts to get the holowatch done (CAD models and a cast of the stunt piece), but nothing ever seems to have become a reality. I'd love to see a kit made myself.

i still have to mold up this thing, just waiting on a delivery of motivation to arrive, been out of stock for some time :cry

NEWPAINTOUTSIDE.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back