TOS communicator case for smartphone- WIP! with pics

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Luke Warmwater

Has anyone here built a ST TOS communicator case for their Droid or iPhone?

I'm thinking some brass screen, wire, a little Bondo or epoxy and you'd have a good looking communicator. The brass lid would even protect the phone screen.

Thoughts? Pictures?

Discuss.

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Luke Warmwater

Re: TOS communicaor case for smartphone- anybody build one?

Not a bad idea... how about a bluetooth headset that looks like Uhura's earpiece? :thumbsup

Digging around in my shop I uncovered two plastic .45 ACP ammo trays from my last trip to the range that are the PERFECT size to hold my Droid Incredible.

I may have a project here.

Last edited:

BrundelFly

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Re: TOS communicator case for smartphone- anybody build one?

I cool case would rock. Yeah..so its a bit over sized..so what,

Luke Warmwater

Re: TOS communicator case for smartphone- anybody build one?

The ammo tray was a real stroke of luck. Here's the first day's work:

I cut the trays down to half their depth (I really need a bandsaw!) and dremeled out the cubes where the phone would go. I also cut ports for the camera, recharge port and screen. I took a shot of my AA communicator and saved it as a wallpaper. The upper cubes will house the fliptop mechanism.

I think what I need to do is epoxy these shells over a real case.

More later.