Top ten signs you're into Props "too deep"

I'm guilty of quite a few of those. My addition is:
"You buy a fancy new digital camera not to take pictures of friends and family - but to take awesome pictures of your prop collection."

Originally posted by rad1701@Jan 13 2006, 09:23 AM
I'm guilty of quite a few of those.  My addition is:
"You buy a fancy new digital camera not to take pictures of friends and family - but to take awesome pictures of your prop collection."
[snapback]1157884[/snapback]​

Whoa. That's true..
OK, I got another one. This was a result of last night's meeting at work. The place I work has just put in a $50k workout room - everything you'd ever want to really pump up - to use for free, whenever we want. They even give free weight training classes. But during the class, a little voice popped into my head,

"Sure you've always wanted the opportunity to go Schwarzenegger-crazy at a workout facility and this one's free and super convenient... but then won't your arms, calves and chest be too big to fit into that costume?"

:confused

I bought a tin of this from a place online recently #186 yeah?

SAS

Originally posted by moffeaton@Jan 12 2006, 02:23 PM
4. That tin of Brown Bess you're hoarding is treated with more care than your diabetic buddy gives to his insulin bottles.
[snapback]1156980[/snapback]​

Prop friends don't let prop friends paint on Vicodin

HEY I'm taking that right now for sciatica and it's not doing she eye it for the nerve pain, it just helps me be too loethargic to care.

For me, it's going to lowes or home depot twice a week and having never purchased a single thing from either place for home improvement.

While others fantasize about winning the lottery or finding that old bathtub Porsche stored in a barn

Funny enough, that's exactly what my mother has, a 1962 Porsche 356B...and it IS in the barn...

Shawn

Here's one...

My wife was not a Star Wars fan before she met me, and still isn't. However, she can now tell you most of the major differences between ANH Vader and ESB Vader. Also, when she saw ROTS in theatre with me she commented (in reference to Vader) "he looks awful symetrical".

Here is another for me.

You know you're into props too deep when you are suffering from chronic back pain, can't walk or sleep, and can't get comfortable or much relief from the pain, but you still hobble outside to spray paint parts of a custom blaster and grenade launcher, even though it HURTS LIKE HELL..

You tell your doctors later "I told my friend I'd have his pulse rifle painted and ready for him on tuesday, so I have to get better."

Instead of

"I have to be back at work on tuesday doc."

My girlfriend calls me thick headed. ;)

Originally posted by Trooper TK409@Jan 12 2006, 12:44 PM
18. Vast amounts of time you can't account for always occur in the vicinity of a hardware store.

Oh Jeez. Couple years ago I strongly , well if it had not been for 9/11, I was going to buy the hardware store about 1/4 mile from my house so I could get what I wanted, when I wanted it. :(

does this count?...last night i dreamt i found 2 graflexes at a thrift store...i was so pissed when i woke up that my wife asked me what was wrong....skott

You walk into a thrift store and RUN to the far wall cause you just caught a glipmps of the soapdish you have been looking for for a year. you buy it and tell the rest of the family youll mett them at home and you start walking.

Your kids start to pick up random pieces going " hey dad, is this a lightsaber part?"

You have a website of the misc pieces your looking for, and buisness cards of the URL to hand to anyone who might be able to help " find that missing piece" and you pass them out faster then candy on holloween.

You know the location and name of every thrift store in every state of everyone you chat with online, whether you live in that state or not.

Every time you return from Home Depot your wife yells at you for spending $100.00 and forgettting the toilet seat she sent you out for.

Cussing at the thrift stores cause they dont sell chrisatmass itmes in july when you need that last piece to help you finish a prop or costume.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back