Tony Stark Cellphone - The Avengers (Finished product post # 11)

JKKS

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A quick little fun project I started to work on this week.

A couple of years ago I got two stark phone replicas from rpf member propalooza. There were two versions of the phone, a static version with engraved logos that I currently have on display and a version that is meant to show the graphics we can see during the senate hearing in Iron Man 2.

Unfortunately the graphics propalooza provided weren't exactly movie accurate (he picked them from rejected versions made by Perception for the movie) and I quickly damaged the one he provided anyways. Meaning I never displayed this version of the prop and it was just seating in a box for quite a while.

Last week I was inventoring some of the items I got that weren't on display (thinking about selling some of them since I will move in a few months and need to trim my stuff down a bit) and I came across the phone. At first I just thought about selling it (and I even started a post in the junkyard) and then I realized that it would still look cool on display if I just took some time to recreate the proper graphics. Since I recently made Joe's transparent phone from the movie Looper I thought of it as a similar but still fun project to tackle. Here's Joe's phone, it's made out of 3mm glass and the graphics are printed on an hq vinyl sticker:

loopercell7.jpg

Long story short, since my Avengers display is in desperate need of some new items, even moreso than my Iron Man display, I decided to recreate the graphics from the scene in The Avengers in wich Coulson calls Stark.

stheavengersjosswhedonm.jpg

So here's the phone I've got from propalooza, it comes in 3 pieces, the black "bumper" and two transparent acrylic screens:

p1010170e.jpg

Then, I had to entirely remake the graphics from the scene. Much of it was kinda hard to figure out but I think I came rather close given the references I had. For now I printed the graphics on my home printer as a test, they will of course be printed on vinyl to show the transparency:

p1010171ob.jpg

Yes I know my home printer is pretty bad and truth I only had recycled paper at home so it doesn't give the best result.
Last step was to put the phone together (I simply putted the temporary graphics between the two acrylic screens and the bumper around to assemble the whole thing):

p1010172ke.jpg

I hope to have the final graphics printed soon. I will of course post pictures of the finished phone when I get them but for now I'd really like to know what you guys think of that quick mock up.

Last edited:
Re: Tony Stark Cellphone - The Avengers

Nice... if you print on vellum paper, it could provide a degree of translucency you didn't have before.

looks nice man

Thanks a lot.

would you post the file for the graphic?

I still need to think about it. First of all I need to see how it looks printed on transparent vinyl and if I need to make a few alterations.

I have nothing against giving it away for free but I don't think I will share it "openly" (because I'm pretty sure it'll end up for sale on ebay in no time). So maybe I will share it via email upon request, I still have to give the matter a few more thougts.

Nice... if you print on vellum paper, it could provide a degree of translucency you didn't have before.

That's a really good idea (I didn't think of) however since my home printer doesn't print in white I don't think it will look good.
Anyways I will leave it in professional hands and I'm confident that it'll look great printed on vinyl just like the graphics on the Looper phone.
But thanks for that clever suggestion.

I have ordered a bunch of stickers wich seem to be on their way to me now.
Things went much slower than I expected given that my sticker supplier is kinda hard and unpleasant to deal with (but unfortunately they are the only one able to do it in my area for such small quantities).
I should have a final product to showcase next week. ;)

Stay tuned.

And Tadaaaa !!!

p1010209n.jpg

p1010201n.jpg

I'm really happy with how it turned out. The two layers of acrylic gives the impression that the graphics are litteraly floating inside the device instead of just being applied on the screen. It just looks awesome.

Opinions and advices are welcome of course.

I know its an old thread, but Ive just ordered two ready made stark phones and was looking for a graphic to try and add to one.
Do you still have the file or anyone else able to do me one.
Love it BTW.

GLXB

I do have the files laying around somewhere but they are meant to fit propalooza's phones first and foremost so I don't know how they would fit your phone if they fit at all. What are the dimensions of your phones ?
If it is close or only require a few adjustments and a few other people are interested I can put up an interest list.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back